Esteemed Contributor

Re: King of Prussia Mall in PA

Well, I would recommend the Godiva shop, but when I was there about a month or so ago with my GD, they had just moved into a new, but smaller location. The single truffle chocolates were not on display. What I did get was so bad, that I won't get them again. Also my GD was disappointed because she wanted one of their frothy drinks, and they didn't have that working.

The other major disappointment was that so many stores were closed, leaving a ton of empty space! I had seen that in NY, but wasn't expecting it there at KoP. That was very Smiley Sad to see.

Other than that, it is still my favorite place to shop in the stores already mentioned & the Cheesecake F and Maggianos being our favorite places to dine.

Respected Contributor

Large enclosed malls seem to be a thing of the past, especially down here where a "town center" style is thriving. I miss the enclosed malls with shops that had fine fashion like Lord & Taylor, Filene's, Bonwit Teller and such. Was enjoyable to shop, trying on things to see how they look on you and fit you before you bought them. Progress?

Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Food...standard mall restaurants. Cheesecake Factory,California Pizza Kitchen,Ruby's,Legal Seafood,others. Neiman's has a nice restaurant if it's still there. Haven't checked recently. The mall is under construction because the 2 malls are expanding and being connected. New stores are scheduled. I usually just frequent the mall with Nordies in it unless I want Chico's,Brighton,Sur La Table,or Bloomies. Have fun. Oh yes....Maggiano's,Shake Shack,others around perimeter. NordstromRack is also in the perimeter near Bahama Breeze. Enjoy.
Trusted Contributor

KoP is my local mall. I suggest you study the layout online and make a list of stores that interest you. There are are stores for every wallet. You really need a plan, otherwise it will be overwhelming.

Trusted Contributor

I love the KOP Mall. My daughter worked at Nordies for years throughout College and after. We live about one hour South and the commute got to be too much for her. I agree with everything that has been said. Although, I have not seen any closed stores other than the ones being revamped for new vendors. Where is Capital Grille? I have not seen that? What do they serve there?

Trusted Contributor

Oh, by the way, for all those Lisa fans out there who may miss her when she is gone. There have been plenty of Lisa sightings at NM at the KOP Mall. Of course hanging out at NM could prove to be pricey.

Honored Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Deanie said:

I love the KOP Mall. My daughter worked at Nordies for years throughout College and after. We live about one hour South and the commute got to be too much for her. I agree with everything that has been said. Although, I have not seen any closed stores other than the ones being revamped for new vendors. Where is Capital Grille? I have not seen that? What do they serve there?

Capital Grille is a franchised steakhouse on the upper scale of pricing.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Just Jazzmom, I like how you put it was expensive. Very nicely done. I imagine it is probably like Sullivan's Steakhouse.

Honored Contributor

On 10/18/2014 Deanie said:

Thanks, Just Jazzmom, I like how you put it was expensive. Very nicely done. I imagine it is probably like Sullivan's Steakhouse.

I'm not Jazzmom, but I've been quite a few times to both. Capital Grille is far better imo, and the menu is more diverse.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"