Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kind of OT, but what does this message mean?

I put a lot of time into sharing my thoughts on that topic. Why is it we can't express our differing opinions without ramifications. Or is this yet another example of a pouty poster running to the mods reporting "inappropriate content".

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I put a lot of time into sharing my thoughts on that topic. Why is it we can't express our differing opinions without ramifications. Or is this yet another example of a pouty poster running to the mods reporting "inappropriate content".

@magicmoodz.  You have to remember that just because someone reports a post it doesn’t mean the mods will delete it.

Honored Contributor

That thread went earlier this afternoon. I had been reading the comments and when I clicked to the next page, that message came up and the entire thread was gone.

Honored Contributor

Image result for delete button

The delete button gets a work out here.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@magicmoodz.  You have to remember that just because someone reports a post it doesn’t mean the mods will delete it.

@proudlyfromNJ 

That is a possibility. I am not nearly as prolific on the board as I once was. But I can tell you I have seen with my own eyes when a poster was offended by a seemingly benign comment and all of a sudden the entire thread is gone (said poster has proudly admitted to using the  report feature to her advantage). 

Sometimes I wonder if ihe mods choose to poof an entire thread rather than reading each post to determine who the offenders might be. 

Oh well, just another little irritation to me that I assuage with my purchasing power.

Honored Contributor

It could be that the OP asked for that thread to be deleted.  Sometimes that happens.