Super Contributor

Kind of O/T: 52 week money saving challenge

I'm thinking of trying this.

52 week money saving challenge

Super Contributor

Re: Kind of O/T: 52 week money saving challenge

Thanks for posting! This looks like a fun challenge and I am going to do it! At first I thought it was a $1 per week, but then I looked more closely at the chart and realized the amount saved each week grows by one dollar--by the time the year is up, you have a nice stash of cash! Great idea and supports my goal of being more thoughtful about spending in 2014.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Interesting. Very timely. I saw a New Years resolution report finding most people's resolution for the new year is to save money!

Super Contributor

I'm so glad I'm beyond the days that I had to save for my retirement. I don't have to save anymore - just have to pace myself so it lasts!

Honored Contributor

i did this for 2013 and it was nice to have that ""found"" money at the end of the year.

this year i am doing it the traditional way AND a non-traditional way. i have two envelopes. one will be marked 1-52 and i will put the money in and cross off the week. the other envelope i will be numbering 52=1 and will do the same thing. the first week i put 1 dollar in one envelope and 52 dollars in the other envelope!

happy 2014 everyone!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I think I will probably do the fifty cent or the quarter plan since I am on a limited budget. I also copied the article about how to save $540 a year just by doing some ordinary easy to do things. We are retired now, so we do need to save and this would be an easy way to do so.

Again, thanks.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

I have seen this done by having Week One being $52, Week Two being $51, etc. This results in the major savings at the beginning for a jump start and results in Week 52 being $1.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

On 1/5/2014 KonaKat said:

I have seen this done by having Week One being $52, Week Two being $51, etc. This results in the major savings at the beginning for a jump start and results in Week 52 being $1.

I actually like that better. This will make it less difficult, because the end of the year is the most expensive. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

HC, just send it to me and I'll keep it for you in a jar until you're ready for it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

Thanks, this looks like fun.