Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Kardashian West and "Kimono"

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

by the way, there is a KIMONOS restaurant in disney.....i wonder why there was no uproar about that? probably because it is DISNEY.

The Kimonos restaurant in Disney is a Japanese restaurant.  Kim's shapewear is not Japanese in any way. 

i did not realize that that made a difference......

if using the word kimono for a brand name of clothing/shapewear is "wrong"  then people should have been upset with disney for using the word kimono for a sushi restaurant.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't personally care what she calls her line, but to say she is somehow an upstanding person for deciding to change the name is disingenuous at best.  She decided to change it because she (her lawyers) told her what it could do to her bottom line.

It was a financial decision, all word wrapped to appear to be a "culturally sensitive" one.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

by the way, there is a KIMONOS restaurant in disney.....i wonder why there was no uproar about that? probably because it is DISNEY.

The Kimonos restaurant in Disney is a Japanese restaurant.  Kim's shapewear is not Japanese in any way. 

if using the word kimono for a brand name of clothing/shapewear is "wrong"  then people should have been upset with disney for using the word kimono for a sushi restaurant.

On Twitter today, someone mentioned there are Kimono Condoms.

Again, no scandal change-the-name w/ this product. 

Had to giggle with the silliness of this uproar.

Funny to see the social media outtake of all this.

They do something = it’s bad.

They fix the bad = it’s still bad.

Really quite comical. 

But at the end of the day...the right thing was done. 

Everyone’s happy...well, those who live Half Full are happy.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

You do realize that sushi is.....Japanese?  I give up.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom 

and kimono condoms have been around for 30 years now!

of course, they are "made in japan" with "state of the art japanese technology."

Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

You do realize that sushi is.....Japanese?  I give up.

of course i know that.......BUT what does sushi have to do with a kimono? Smiley Wink