Honored Contributor

Dream Jeannes and Flexibelle are nothing alike.  Dream Jeannes have a french terry backing to them. They truly are knit.  IMO they look knit and they feel like knit.  

Flexibelle jeans are a woven knit if that makes sense.  They look and feel like a normal woven jean but they have stretch.  You can fold/cuff a flexibelle jean and it looks like a normal jean.  You cannot do that with a dream jean.  

I think flexibelle are more like some iterations of DG jeans than anything but they fit me much better.  I have a real issue with the fit on a lot of DG's jeans.  And just like DG jeans, some flexibelles have a set in waistband with a zipper and button and some pull on.

I stick to my normal size in flexibelle.  I would say if you are on the small end of your size, you may be able to go down a size.  They are a little high waisted for me because I am very short waisted but I really like the jeans. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love Kim's jeans.  Live in the flexabelle jeans in the fall and winter and her denim capri's all summer.  I like both pull ons and button fly front. I also have some DG but rarely wear them as they are not as comfortable as Kims.

Regular Contributor

Doesn’t it seem like Kim Gravel is on QVC a lot less than she used to be?

Do you think that it is because her Saturday night show didn’t do so well?

Did she run out of fashions and cosmetics?

I personally don’t think that they had a good plan for her show. The format was wrong.

They didn’t have it polished, and Kim didn’t seem to know what was going on, and when.

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I agree with everything you said! When you cuff a KG jean, it truly does look like a "regular" jean. The fit is also much better than a DG jean for me, but I will admit it's been a while since I've tried a DG. 

I also find KG's jeans to be softer than DG's jeans (someone else had mentioned that)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@likeitis .........All the fashion vendors are not on as much because of Christmas shows. and no she has not run out of clothes or cosmetics.

Also, it was not "her Saturday night show", it was a temporary show that the Q ask Kim to host.

Fashion shows will be back on track some time in January.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@leighagemini .............I own 6 pair of Kims flexibelle jeans.  There is no comparison to Dianne's jeans.  You also can not compare Kims jeans to Dream Jeannies either, they are nothing alike.

I love flexibelles and am replacing all my jeans with them.  If you are going to try them size down 1 size, they are meant to fit snug and will relax some but not get baggy or slide down.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@leighagemini .............I own 6 pair of Kims flexibelle jeans.  There is no comparison to Dianne's jeans.  You also can not compare Kims jeans to Dream Jeannies either, they are nothing alike.

I love flexibelles and am replacing all my jeans with them.  If you are going to try them size down 1 size, they are meant to fit snug and will relax some but not get baggy or slide down.

I'm not sure I would recommend sizing down unless you are thin through your lower half.  I am a pear shape so I cannot size down.  In my normal size they fit snug but not tight and they do relax.

I am one that could never size down even 1 size in DG jeans let alone the 2 some of them say they go down and I cannot size down in the MarlaWynne flatterfit pants either as they recommend.

Regular Contributor

No Kim Gravel this Holiday Season? Unless I’ve missed her. She used to be on a lot.

Honored Contributor

Talk about obnoxious and loud.  Cannot tolerate her.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I’ve always said that as a bodacious chub I have to decide I’d I want to be comfortable from when I put the pants on...or...do I want to be turning blue from them cutting off my air ( tight) and eventually they’ll stretch out so I’ll be able to breathe.

If I opt for comfortable in the beginning, by the end of day, they’re almost around my knees (stretched out).

A lot of clothes ( especially pants) have so much stretch, it’s crazy.

I own several pairs of Kim’s pants, they’re OK.

I used to buy DG2 pants, but seldom shop on HSN anymore.

Lately I’ve been unpacking and going through closets in rooms I don’t go into.  I’d totally forgotten about these clothes.

Many of them are one size smaller than what fits now and they fit.

My observation seems to be QVC has made clothes (as a whole) about 1/2 to 1 inch per size smaller than a few years ago.

It makes me sick when I see the variety and the beautiful clothes they USED to sell, versus what they sell now.

Clothes presented in the past were still casual, but not sloppy casual, like I see now.

For instance Louis has always been able to present casual, but they have style.  Meanwhile, they’re something you’d be proud to go to the store and (still wearing the same clothes) go out with a friend to a semi-casual sit down restaurant....