Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

What a loudmouth she is!   In checking channels,  I came upon her presentation today to find her running around the set screaming.   Apparently she thinks she'll sell more by being loud and obnoxious.   Didn't work; I couldn't change the channel fast enough.   She made Susan Graver look cool, calm,  and collected. 

The carnival barker method of selling clothing is alive and well on QVC. 

@Trinity11  This is exactly how I feel seeing her and listening to her.  Always making comments about being overweight and to just love your self....over and over again.. and then saying eat desert life if short... who cares about healthy lifestyle.. cover it up.  

Oh, yes. What struck me immediately was when she stated her "philosophy" at the outset of the program -- to empower women to love themselves for who they are, whatever size/shape (paraphrasing). The next few items presented, she didn't fail to exclaim how slimming they were. Mixed message much? IMO when you send mixed messages like that, you lose all credibility.

Respected Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

Yes, she is loaded with personality, but loud. I can't handle loud for very long. Do you all think "personality" requires loudness?

No, I don't think "personality" requires loudness.  LOL, I don't like that sort of personality at all.  Quite a turn off, but that seems to be the kind of "personality" QVC likes nowadays, whether it's the hosts or the vendors.

@I don't either @MarthaStewardess. I do differentiate between loud and hyper... although they usually go hand in hand... but KG's voice is particularly LOUD and grating. In fact, I turned her off as soon as she said, "I'm loud and I'm proud!" heh heh

LOL, I don't like hyper either (example - Rick!)  If I'm in a store and the salesperson was like like a QVC host or vendor, I would turn around and walk out.  I don't need people shouting at me in my home either, so the channel gets changed!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

What a loudmouth she is!   In checking channels,  I came upon her presentation today to find her running around the set screaming.   Apparently she thinks she'll sell more by being loud and obnoxious.   Didn't work; I couldn't change the channel fast enough.   She made Susan Graver look cool, calm,  and collected. 

@Trinity11  This is exactly how I feel seeing her and listening to her.  Always making comments about being overweight and to just love your self....over and over again.. and then saying eat desert life if short... who cares about healthy lifestyle.. cover it up.  

@SeaMaidenI read here last night that she was in the pageant circuit coaching young women. That said it all for me. Kind of odd anyone telling us to love ourselves when her bread and butter came from teaching girls how to be perfect enough to win beauty pageants. Having an extra ounce of flesh is the kiss of death in that circuit.

@Trinity11 Yes, there was a reality tv show on (I think ) Bravo about her coaching pageant queen wannabes.  It was so bad it barely lasted on season. Very ironic.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaidenI read here last night that she was in the pageant circuit coaching young women. That said it all for me. Kind of odd anyone telling us to love ourselves when her bread and butter came from teaching girls how to be perfect enough to win beauty pageants. Having an extra ounce of flesh is the kiss of death in that circuit.

@Trinity11 Yes, there was a reality tv show a n I think Bravo about her coaching pageant queen wannabes.  It was so bad it barely lasted on season. Very ironic.

The ladies that Kim coached on the reality show were far from perfect with perfect figures.  I hate to make any kind of comment about anyone's figure but some of the young ladies were overweight, chunky, etc. 

It really helps to have at least watched the show before making comments about it and who she was trying to help.    

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

The pressure is on at the Q. Christmas sales must not have met expectations. Instead of getting to the real problem, like new merchandise and better programming and prices, they're giving hosts an adrenaline shot.

I watched Kim once and ordered her jeans which I returned. She seems to fit right in with all the hyper activity going on.

Two people talking together continuously at the same time, I suppose is not noticeable by those doing it. And it's not just Kim & Jane.

I've had trouble watching shows in which I'm interested in purchasing the product. Never seen so much nonsense while details on the product being sold are ignored. Oh, well, I can spend my money elsewhere. Hosts are attempting to "force" people to buy.

I ordered her jeans but I also returned them.  If I recall correctly, they were very long and had a tight fit in the leg for me.

I like Kim though.  Just haven't found anything to buy yet.

Contributor
whew..Thank you for that! Thought I (was still) the only one feeling this way.

@febe1 wrote:

The pressure is on at the Q. Christmas sales must not have met expectations. Instead of getting to the real problem, like new merchandise and better programming and prices, they're giving hosts an adrenaline shot.

I watched Kim once and ordered her jeans which I returned. She seems to fit right in with all the hyper activity going on.

Two people talking together continuously at the same time, I suppose is not noticeable by those doing it. And it's not just Kim & Jane.

I've had trouble watching shows in which I'm interested in purchasing the product. Never seen so much nonsense while details on the product being sold are ignored. Oh, well, I can spend my money elsewhere. Hosts are attempting to "force" people to bu

Contributor

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking - the Paula Dean of clothes. She got on my nerves after a few minutes. And she sells way too hard.