Trusted Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel seems to be the new Louis Del Olio

@manhattan50 you are so right! Obviously I was not comparing Kim or Louis, for that matter to Chanel. My point was to @SoX who asked about schooling. While many attend, it is obviously not a necessity to be successful designer🙄
Honored Contributor

He's a classic designer. She is not. Yet, I like them both.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NJgirl 1205

My question was rhetorical ... and you obviously missed that point.   Had I really wanted to know her background (and I already do), I would have looked it up.

Trusted Contributor

I'm an Isaac fan, but I think Kim has some really neat items.  I've just purchased one of her tops in Chili Red and it's darling.  I had to size down to an xs in this top (not all of hers).  

I purchased several tops from Louis and his jewelry rocks my world.  I own two fish necklaces in silver and gold and several other sets.  QVC should be promoting his jewelry.  Are they crazy?  I do question the management decisions of QVC - too many young, unknowledgable people?  

The tops from Louis are very nice.  Many of his designs are a little too conservative for my lifestyle and some of his items (like his boho skirts) are designed for tall models.  

There is no comparison between Kim and Louis.  Louis has so much experience and training and I think he's very talented.  QVC never does him any favors.  Perhaps he doesn't want to go along with everything the buyers/purchasers try to push him to do.  You all do know that there are tons of meetings and edicts coming from QVC, right?  

Honored Contributor

OP here.  I agree with MissChristy, QVC never does him any favors.  He gets lousy hours for his shows, at least according to my schedule.  And I notice the above noted shows at the end of Feb. are on Q2.  At least the hours are good.  Kim's shows seem to be on main Q.  I have never purchased anything from her line, her over the top Jeanne Bice times ten persona sort of grates.  As for Louis, I love the man and have never discarded one single item I've bought over the years.  Yes, he is a real designer and I feel her line is designed by committee.  But cruising through both lines at one time seems to give her the advantage in freshness and sell outs.  .  

Respected Contributor

It is beyond humerous to think Kim Gravel is the new Louis Dell Olio.  Louis is a three time Coty award winner (oscar of fashion) as well as member of Coty Hall of Fame.  QVC is lucky to have a designer the caliber of Louis Dell Olio.  As a long time customer who has also purchased his couture line in the past, I, as well as all of his customers, feel privileged to be able to purchase his fashions at QVC.  

QVC is certainly not phasing him out!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW, I don't think this is even possible.  Kim is popular right now, she is LOUD, she seems to be a nice person.  I like her, she took advantage of her popularity on her other shows to leverage a business at QVC.  

Also, please don't compare quantity of time on air to quality of product.  I don't know the details of Kim's contract with QVC, I surely don't know the details of Louis' contract. That might explain why certain vendors are on a lot more than others.  BUT....I do not believe Kim has the fashion knowledge, experience, or expertise of Louis.   

It's like comparing LOUIS...who is a 2019Bentley's Bentayga  to a......2019 Toyota Corolla.

Smiley LOL

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

Haven't tried her clothing, but it certainly is nothing like what Louis brings us.  Also, I tried her eyeliner (came with mascara).  The set is on its way back to QVC so I won't try her cosmetics again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass

Louis is of a different more cosmopolitan sophisticated caliber than the designers you mentioned. He is an award winning three time Coty Award Winner (Oscar of fashion) as well as an inductee in the Coty Hall of Fame. Simply no comparison!  Louis has two shows in the beginning of February and several at the end.  I think in total of 6 hours on QVC.  This does not include the individual hits during the month.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see quite a bit of difference between the two myself.

People need to understand the difference between a designer and a branded line. She is selling herself, he is selling his design.