Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel seems to be the new Louis Del Olio

I get the distinct impression that the OP was looking for a rumble 🤣😂🤣

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I recently scoured these two lines looking for a certain top I'd seen.  I had to be rescued by a sharp-eyed poster.  Anyway, going through the offerings it seems Kim has the sharper styles and many more than Louis. It seems like they are phasing him out again.  Maybe its his choice because of the loss of his beloved wife, but I hate to see it happen.  Opinions, please.

Phasing him out? You're kidding right???????????

If you think Kim has the sharper style then you have a different definition of style than I do. Louis is a designer and Kim is a saleswoman. Big, big difference. Really big.

Esteemed Contributor

No comparison in design or personality.  Louis is a class act.

Honored Contributor

I don't see why Kim's line has to be pitted against LDO so to speak. They are both standalone lines.  LDO's line may appeal to some, Kim's line may appeal to some and both may appeal to some or neither.   

Personally, I own several of Kim Gravel's items and none of LDOs because his line just isn't my style.  The only issue I had with Kim's line is I  don't like the color of her "white" bottoms.  I own both tops, bottoms and dresses from Kim's line and everything has been fine and everything has held up for me. 

I'm not saying LDO is being phased out because I would have no idea.  But keep in mind he was being phased out once before and it was viewers and buyers of his line who kept him on QVC.   So it's not out of the realm it could happen again if sales fall.     

Honored Contributor

I sincerely doubt the op has any inside info about anything at QVC. And I’m sure Logo and Graver and Isaac sell a lot more than Kim Gravel. Maybe she is being fazed out. Much speculation based on nothing.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't see why Kim's line has to be pitted against LDO so to speak. They are both standalone lines.  LDO's line may appeal to some, Kim's line may appeal to some and both may appeal to some or neither.   

Personally, I own several of Kim Gravel's items and none of LDOs because his line just isn't my style.  The only issue I had with Kim's line is I  don't like the color of her "white" bottoms.  I own both tops, bottoms and dresses from Kim's line and everything has been fine and everything has held up for me. 

I'm not saying LDO is being phased out because I would have no idea.  But keep in mind he was being phased out once before and it was viewers and buyers of his line who kept him on QVC.   So it's not out of the realm it could happen again if sales fall.     

well stated @Lipstickdiva.

not so sure why they have to be in "competition" with each other.

i like some things from LDO, other items not so much.

i like some things from BELLE, other items not so much.

bottom line is that they both have something to offer me.

isnt it all about your individual style and needs?

both lines have a designer or designers behind them. one just happens to be much more well known and established. no reason to knock one over the other.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What an outrageous claim! No basis in fact.

(I like Kachina's phrase "like comparing apples and potato chips.")

Trusted Contributor

I can see how someone not familiar with either line may be confused. Both offer embroidered bell sleeve sweaters, pearl embellishment, etc. There are pretty items in both lines. Let’s not peg them against each other.
Honored Contributor

I don't buy his line, but I can see they are two totally different lines.  IMO Louis has a small, faithful following so that may be why it seems like they are pushing him out. Volume sales is the way the Q rolls.

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:
I can see how someone not familiar with either line may be confused. Both offer embroidered bell sleeve sweaters, pearl embellishment, etc. There are pretty items in both lines. Let’s not peg them against each other.

But so do many other lines.  In fact, so do bottom end stores like Walmart.   I was in WM the other day and as I walked to the register to check-out, I walked past the women's clothing and front and center was a sweater under the Time and Tru label with embroidery down both sleeves.  The sweater looked similar enough to items I've seen on the shopping channels that if I was interested, I'd give the WM item a second look.

There are lines on the shopping channels doing items that are so similar, it's getting harder and harder to tell one line from the other.