Respected Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel seems to be the new Louis Del Olio

Disagree.  Kim's line is nothing special  and I can't stand to listen to the woman.  

Esteemed Contributor

Where did Kim Gravel go to design school, or to rephrase ... did she go to design school?   

Can't imagine buying anything from her line ... 

Honored Contributor

I don't buy anything from either line for my own reasons, but I do agree that I'd be hard put to compare the two of them.

Respected Contributor

Kim is almost there. I like her styles, but most are too thin. She uses a lot of modal, which I like. Her flexibelle jeans are very comfy, but they get picks from my jewelry.

Louis’ clothes are also way too thin. I personally don’t like his styles.  I agree they are totally different. 

I can pick and choose some pieces from each line.  What I have are of good quality, except the flexibelle jeans.

Respected Contributor

First, I had no idea Louis's wife passed. Jacque was her name (please excuse the likely misspelling). This must be a very difficult time for him.

In terms of the topic, I must agree with most of the commenters in that I feel they are very different people and different lines.

I actually am a fan of both. I just love Kim's enthusiasm and positivity! She wants all women to feel beautiful and I love her uplifting message. I've purchsed several of her tops and sweaters and  been very pleased.

Louis' line is classic and finely tailored. I've purchased many of his items and am a huge fan of his whisper knit.

They are different personalities but i enjoy them both.  Variety is the spice of life, isn't tt? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I believe Louis has a Big Deal coming up very soon.

Honored Contributor

The two clothing lines and the two people are at opposites ends of the clothing spectrum, Louis is low key and dignified, while Kim can be very boisterous and over the top

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

On what basis are you saying this?  How are you able to substantiate this statement?  Give us some examples please

@depglass wrote:

I recently scoured these two lines looking for a certain top I'd seen.  I had to be rescued by a sharp-eyed poster.  Anyway, going through the offerings it seems Kim has the sharper styles and many more than Louis. It seems like they are phasing him out again.  Maybe its his choice because of the loss of his beloved wife, but I hate to see it happen.  Opinions, please.

Honored Contributor

I cannot watch Kim long enough to purchase anything.  She is too loud and interrupts constanty -- not enjoyable.  Louis has it way over Kim as far as design, quality, the whole package.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't buy or wear anything from Gravel or Louis. Her clothing is nothing special, and his clothing line is WAY too conservative and boring.