Honored Contributor

Kim Gravel seems to be the new Louis Del Olio

[ Edited ]

I recently scoured these two lines looking for a certain top I'd seen.  I had to be rescued by a sharp-eyed poster.  Anyway, going through the offerings it seems Kim has the sharper styles and many more than Louis. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel seems to be the new Louis Del Olio

I don't see any relation between what Kim does and what Louis does.  It's like comparing apples and potato chips.  Kim may be some competition for Denim & Co. but not Louis.  I've purchased a couple of Kim's tops and the quality was not there....couldn't be compared to Louis or D&C.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I must strongly disagree with the title of this post.  Louis is an esteemed designer with years of education and experirence, here and in europe. Before coming to the Q, he is far more smart with fashion than he is allowed to show at the Q.  Never would I associate Kim Gravel and Louis Dell Olio in the same catagory. She is just  louder than Louis.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't see any relation between what Kim does and what Louis does.  It's like comparing apples and potato chips.  Kim may be some competition for Denim & Co. but not Louis.  I've purchased a couple of Kim's tops and the quality was not there....couldn't be compared to Louis or D&C.

@Kachina624  I totally agree with  you!  I don't see anything simular to Louis.  I have tried Kim's tops & jeans and ended up returning all of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch her much, but what I've seen I felt was more like the D&C line. LDO is pure class in his designs.  I don't get the comparison, I guess.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

He never had a lot of items on QVC and he never got much air time.  I do think he's getting more and better air time than in the past.  I don't think Linea is going anywhere, it's just that he has a smaller and I think older group of customer than the other QVC designers.  Also, all of his deisgns are the same.  He knows what his customers like so he doesn't deviate from that but QVC doesn't need a whole bunch of the same thing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The two lines are totally different.  Gravel's is trendy and Del Olio's is classic.

Respected Contributor

No comparison. I think of classic when I think of Louis. Definitely not the word I’d use for Kim.

Respected Contributor

I never thought of Gravel being in the same league as Del Olio.

Valued Contributor

Louis' line is not being phased out in any way.  Louis is one of the very few who does not work with a team.  His buyer is the one that makes the selection of what QVC will show and her budget is not large.  The buyer has gone out of her comfort zone, lately, especially with his fall collection and taken some risks that have paid off handsomely.  The Linea Ladies are very loyal to Louis and his designs.  I don't know Kim Gravel but if you find some items of hers that you like, I'm happy for you and it does not take anything away from Louis.  QVC has increased his jewelry line, considerably and it has been well received.  His exposure and his time slots have improved as well.  I believe QVC has taken notice of the strength and buying power of his following and they would not make the same mistake twice.  I believe Louis will be at QVC for as long as he chooses to be.  I do not think we have anything to worry about.