Contributor

Kim Gravel - cute tops, BUT ....

[ Edited ]

I am starting to like Kim's presentations, at first I couldn't watch her but she can be pretty funny.
Her new tops in the prints and colors are so cute, BUT I cannot stand the bell sleeves.  I wasn't a fan when they were popular decades ago !  Why does every one of her cute mixed print tops have to be long bell sleeves ?  These tops would be cute with just plain short sleeves.  Done ranting.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel - cute tops, BUT ....

Agree....I saw a top that caught my interest - either D& Co or Isaac - until I saw the sleeve.  Lots of copy-cat designers at the Q.

Honored Contributor

She does do a lot of bell sleeves and flutter sleeves; sleeve interest is huge in fashion now.  She's a business woman who likes to make money so I can only assume she does the designs that her customers like, want and continue to buy. All of the designers here have their aesthetic, there are plenty of plain short sleeve tops to choose from.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

She does do a lot of bell sleeves and flutter sleeves; sleeve interest is huge in fashion now.  She's a business woman who likes to make money so I can only assume she does the designs that her customers like, want and continue to buy. All of the designers here have their aesthetic, there are plenty of plain short sleeve tops to choose from.

Sometimes it’s also good business to broaden your appeal.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I like Kim and enjoy her presentations.I agree that her tops are mostly bell sleeved and that is not a great look for me.I continue to watch her though because she has a fun attitude and maybe one of these times I will find the right item to purchase.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan---she kind of makes my teeth grind----and her clothing is ok but I don't like the way those pants are so tight at the knees--my knees aren't the prettiest and they don't

need to be emphasized at all. I like a little looseness there  and a little bit shorter too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trendy fashion is throw away fashion.....she is in -to trendy.

Esteemed Contributor

She does have really nice woven tops, but I've had enough of the wide sleeves. I bought 2 or 3 of them and am ready to move on. I saw about 3 tops that I would have bought except for the wide or bell sleeves.  Regular sleeves I would have bought.   QVC always overdoes it with trends - peplums, cold shouders yechh! I would say the same about the Isaac lace (2 or 3 is enough), but must admit to have fallen for the new Dell Ollio lace...

Valued Contributor

I've noticed that all the lines are featured flutter sleeves in one way or another. They copy each other.