Respected Contributor

Kim Gravel ankle jeans.....sizing

I bought the black and love the fit.  I then ordered the blue denim in same size and they were so tight.   Returns on shipping should be free since you cannot count on anything to be the right size.  I could get a different size and it might not still fit.  Too much aggravation.  The reason I keep trying stuff is that I hate shopping and there really is not much to shop at around where I live.  I just do not understand why the sizing is so off on everything.  I bought a pair of shoes that I love and really want another color but just afraid they will come and be a completely different size.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel ankle jeans.....sizing

jeans are always difficult even when shopping in person, I usually try at least 2 to get the best fit 

Honored Contributor

Her jeans are so worth a little aggravation.  You didnt say if they were too big or too small.  Try exchanging them for either a size up to down.  Good luck.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I've never ordered Gravell's jeans but I do know I've found the same kinds of fit differences from other brands.  I have 4 pairs of Chico's denim capris in white, black, blue and pale green.  The green look just like the others, but the fabric is different which makes the fit different.

I also remember a Nordstrom shopping trip during which I wanted to buy a pair of  NYDJ as my "reward" for losing some weight.  First the sales associate had me try 3 different sizes and once we decided which we liked best, what she did next really surprised me.  She went back to the floor and brought me several more pairs of the same size jean, same style # and told me to decide which of those was best.  "They'll all be slightly different."   Who knew????

It's experiences like those that make me dread the day I can't shop locally for clothing.

Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I bought the black and love the fit.  I then ordered the blue denim in same size and they were so tight.   Returns on shipping should be free since you cannot count on anything to be the right size.  I could get a different size and it might not still fit.  Too much aggravation.  The reason I keep trying stuff is that I hate shopping and there really is not much to shop at around where I live.  I just do not understand why the sizing is so off on everything.  I bought a pair of shoes that I love and really want another color but just afraid they will come and be a completely different size.

When I purchased two of the same item, in the same size and one fits and the other does not, I called CS and requested I NOT be charged return shipping.  I was told mark the item as defective and I would not be charged.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   She did say they were "too tight."

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde ...............thanks I missed that completely.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't know what to tell you.  You are experiencing sizing problem but YOU still make the decision to purchase things.  You are aware of the return policy and charges so I don't think you have a problem.  I suppose, like price the sizing thing is relative.  Some people have problems.  Others are like me and all the women in my life who are happy QVC shoppers, we rarely have an size issues and that is a huge part of why we are QVC shoppers.  However, I do have 4 or 5 "go to" clothing brands here and I generally don't buy  from the clothing vendors I am not familar with.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Differences is sizing can be where the fabric was when the pieces were cut.  They cut several layers at one time and there is a diffence between the top and bottom layers.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't know what to tell you.  You are experiencing sizing problem but YOU still make the decision to purchase things.  You are aware of the return policy and charges so I don't think you have a problem.  I suppose, like price the sizing thing is relative.  Some people have problems.  Others are like me and all the women in my life who are happy QVC shoppers, we rarely have an size issues and that is a huge part of why we are QVC shoppers.  However, I do have 4 or 5 "go to" clothing brands here and I generally don't buy  from the clothing vendors I am not familar with.  

Thank you so much for straightening me out on this.  I needed a little lecture to put me on the right path.....I was venting more than anything but your wisdom is greatly appreciated.