Regular Contributor

How is it that I ordered multiple pairs early in the morning, long before they sold out and I'm just notified? For 8 days I have been waiting. Why backordered? This is the reason my QVC shopping has declined. I'm disgusted and now am deciding whether to cancel the orders. Ugh! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel TSV Backorder??

@angel8 wrote:

How is it that I ordered multiple pairs early in the morning, long before they sold out and I'm just notified? For 8 days I have been waiting. Why backordered? This is the reason my QVC shopping has declined. I'm disgusted and now am deciding whether to cancel the orders. Ugh! 

This is the same thing that happened to me. I think what it means is that we get what's returned that someone didn't like. They should accept orders in the way they were given and have those who ordered late on backorder...such is the QVC world.

Regular Contributor

What really bothers me is getting the email on "how to style" when the item hasn't even been shipped.

Contributor

@angel8 wrote:

This also happened to me. I actually spoke to a customer service representative. She informed me that on her end my Kim Gravel orders did not show a backorder. She said they said preparing order. I don't know what to believe. I notified her that I placed my order well before they sold out. I then told her QVC should not have sold the item to customers if they did not have sufficient inventory/stock. It's just not a good business practice. Not happy Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I cancelled my order when I saw that. Im tired of waiting for items!

Honored Contributor

This seems to be the new norm with QVC.  I have a few things in preparing your order for over a week now.   I am just waiting for the "backorder" stage.

Frequent Contributor

This happened to me but with the Candace Cameron Bure tee shirt.  I recieved an emial saying my order was  now back ordered. I buy very little from Q anymore.  Between shipping prices and shipping delays I can find most of the same items elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

These backorder notices are most likely generated by unavoidable transportation delays that all importers of goods from overseas are experiencing.  It's not exclusively a QVC problem.  Ships arrive at West Coast ports and there are so many, they must wait to unload.  It's hard to plan when conditions are so uncertain but it's part of the pandemic experience and not something that will disappear soon. 

Your orders most likely will arrive soon, just taking a bit longer than expected. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@angel8 wrote:

The same thing happened to me with a big deal last month. I ordered the item during the first presentation. A week later I got a backorder email. I am still waiting to see if the order will ever be fulfilled.

I seldom order from Q now unless it is a great deal on a staple item. I never know if I will get an item now. I certainly  would never order a gift or something I need in a week. This inventory problem has been going on for years. It started well before Covid. They make excuses but their inventory system can not add 2 plus 2. Funny thing this never happens with Amazon. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

These backorder notices are most likely generated by unavoidable transportation delays that all importers of goods from overseas are experiencing.  It's not exclusively a QVC problem.  Ships arrive at West Coast ports and there are so many, they must wait to unload.  It's hard to plan when conditions are so uncertain but it's part of the pandemic experience and not something that will disappear soon. 

Your orders most likely will arrive soon, just taking a bit longer than expected. 

There is a huge issue w/ off loading containers all thru west coast. Labor issues portside, as well as NO TRUCK drivers to be had. The lack of truck drivers is going to impact most items we use. Expect food costs as well as clothing costs to continue to rise. Long delays in all areas from clothing, furniture, computers, food ... the list goes on and on. This will not be the year for procrastinators ... you're really going to want to plan your big purchases, gifting, etc. Not trying to be doom and gloom, just prepared. Living on the west coast I've already seen the impact of having to wait 6-8 weeks to have appliances deliver and months for kitchen cabinets. UGH.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."