Occasional Contributor

Kim Gravel Needs Petite Tops

I dont know who needs to hear this but most of Kim's tops are too long for anyone shorter than 5' 3.5".  I have had to return so many of her tops I love because they are to long.  I wear a medium and most are 27" plus long and does work for us short girls.  I am 5' 2" and I have money to spend too. LOL

Love when Amy Strand hosts anything, one she is short and petite and she almost always puts the item in a regular  so we can see how it will fall. She does the best job on discussing sizes. She needs a raise

You discontinued CCB line which actually made tops in regular that fit short frames. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel Needs Petite Tops

@ShoppinginWisconsin 

I totally agree.  And that goes for many of the other designers also.  Saves me a lot of money because I can't wear most of the regular tops.  They sometimes do pants in petite but not tops.  

Honored Contributor

They do pants in short, not petite.  A petite pant would have a shorter rise. As far as i know, none of the QVC vendors sell actual petite pants.  Nothing worse than a low hanging crotch.  

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'5 and take a 28 in inseam.

I recently discovered at Walmart rack of knit pants

that actually says 'Petite short'  !!!

I went nuts on that rack, no taking home and hemming up or paying a girl 10 to hem.

Dillards also has petite short option

Esteemed Contributor

For us short gals, these tunics (from all brands) look like nightshirts.  Can't wait until this craze is over.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Almost all of the tops are too long for a petite woman! I seldom buy anything now since there is only a rare top that works for a 5'1" person. Sometime I see Amy wearing something in a so-called petite size and it looks ridiculously long on her petite frame. Recently, she noted that the petite top she was wearing was 1-1/4" shorter than the average length. I posted something to the effect that petite women are not just 1-1/4" shorter than women of average height. The Q needs to take another look at sales data to realize that they are missing a market consisting of thousands of relatively short women. CCB lengths were great for me but usually not her styles. Surely, the Q could find more vendors with clothing proportioned for the short woman -- many B and M stores have. 

Esteemed Contributor

Another place to check is the teens/junior/child section.  They never embraced this tunic style so much.  Often we can fit into a child's size and they are almost always cut shorter in the leg and sleeve. 

Honored Contributor

I agree about a lot of tunic tops!  Plus I simply can't buy a long sleeved top that Kim G sells since I have short arms.  I'm 5'1" with short everything!  I refuse to roll up long sleeves or spend money getting them shortened.  I like when long sleeves hit at my wrists.

I can wear a 27" long tunic but anything longer usually doesn't look good.  I find myself buying a lot from Susan Graver since she offers a lot of petite tops.

However as another poster mentioned, shortening a top by and inch and a half to make it "petite" is laughable!  Most of my friends who are tall are 4" - 8" taller than me....not 1'1/2"!

Honored Contributor

We are all shaped differently.

I am only 5'3" and never wear petites/shorts at all in either pants OR tops/

I like my tops tunic length, it elongates my short torso.

I see a wide variety at many sites to choose from.  Any vendor can only carry so much inventory.

Honored Contributor

Yes!  And don't even say 1 and 1/4 inch shorter than a regular length.......

I'd say at the very least  three inches shorter. 

One wouldn't even begin to see a difference if it's only 1- 1/4 inches shorter.

JMO, of course.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).