Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The name romper is so wrong. At least the predicted trend of the male romper never took off.

I don't think anyone seriously thought that was going to be popular . . .

I live in So Cal, you never know.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The video of  A284935 shows Kirsten wearing the romper.

It's cute, but it is a little short.

I don't think anyone thinks the Romper is not "cute." The point is to its appropriateness. I thought it was cute and she looked good in it. She has the figure for a bikini, also, but not for a shopping channel.

Codes are necessary, b/c there are always more than a few who will push to the limit: give them an inch and they will take a mile. I don't know if it's done on purpose or they just don't have a sense of what is appropriate.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This has nothing to do with living in yesterday's world.  Casual dressing doesn't mean inappropriate dressing.  There is a time and place for everything. 

I'm not saying what Kerstin was wearing was appropriate or not appropriate but the fact that she works out and has the body to wear this stuff doesn't mean that she should while on air.  She can rock a bikini too but does that mean she should show up to work in one? 

Some of the comments here make me think there is a definite reason why places of employment have dress codes in place. 

Honestly my first thought when I saw her was that the couple of creepers who follow Kerstin on her Instagram must be losing their minds.    

Sorry, LD, I hadn't read your analogy and used the same as you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

Does she have a nice body? Yes she does.  Was it cute? Yes it was, just not on a 40 some year old TV host.  Does she like to show off said body? Yes, yes she does.  Was it work appropriate?  Depends on what kind of work you're doing. Was it as bad as Shawn's black topless, sleeveless, whatever else it was dress? No, no it was not.  Did it look like a MLB jersey? Yes, yes it did.

Both SK and KL remind of two women who believe they got where they are b/c of their figures and want to remind everybody of it often.

Esteemed Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

Kerstin is very wrapped up in herself, that's the way she's been since joining QVC. I see no indication she's going to change. I DO change...the channel.

Perhaps when you don't do a good job as a host, you have to call attention to yourself in some way.

Esteemed Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Some of the posts here remind me of my grandmother and her cronie friends gossiping about the scandulous fashions of the times and how women do not dress appropriately!!  Live in the past if you want to regarding dress but don't expect the world to fall in line with the antiquated standards some cling to!!!

Try wearing that TODAY in a retail store as a alesperson or in any sales job TODAY and see how far you get

No one said it was scandalous it was inappropriate and no "anything goes" these days isn't at all true

i work in a woman's clothing store and I can tell you flat out that if I wore that to work I would promptly be sent home to change.

Trusted Contributor

I thought she looked fantastic. No different than if she had shorts and a top on. It's summer. It's a lot better than looking at models or hosts that are wearing items that are skin tight and to small for them. Just my opinion. 

Valued Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

I thought she looked fantastic. No different than if she had shorts and a top on. It's summer. It's a lot better than looking at models or hosts that are wearing items that are skin tight and to small for them. Just my opinion. 

Yeah that's kind of the problem....

Honored Contributor

She looked good in it, but IMO it was too short for work. Wearing it at a backyard party or music festival or some other event like that would be more appropriate. As far as it being no different than shorts and a tee, I would feel the same way. It is the length that is inappropriate in this setting not the fact that it is a romper. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@Lucylu12

She is not at the beach or on vacation ,she is at work! Geezzz, !!!