Respected Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

IMO she looked great.  PS - she does not work in B&M retail so doesn't matter if her outfit would not work there. 

I cannot imagine the hosts don't have producers or someone who must give a final "ok" to each outfit before going on air.

No she's  an on air salesperson with more people seeing it

which is worse-and it still didn't fit the "enviroment " for which it was worn

no pearl clutching no fainting -sheb just looked kind of tacky and out of place in a  work environment 

It was also a very much "look at me" outfit

There is a large part of being an on-air salesperson that crosses into entertainment. It is nothing like being a salesperson in a B&M environment, so that is not an accurate comparison.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kerstin's short Romper

[ Edited ]

@jonbon wrote:

@JobGirl wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

IMO she looked great.  PS - she does not work in B&M retail so doesn't matter if her outfit would not work there. 

I cannot imagine the hosts don't have producers or someone who must give a final "ok" to each outfit before going on air.

No she's  an on air salesperson with more people seeing it

which is worse-and it still didn't fit the "enviroment " for which it was worn

no pearl clutching no fainting -sheb just looked kind of tacky and out of place in a  work environment 

It was also a very much "look at me" outfit

There is a large part of being an on-air salesperson that crosses into entertainment. It is nothing like being a salesperson in a B&M environment, so that is not an accurate comparison.

NAT:  I don't need this kind of entertainment.  If I want to be entertained, I will watch a movie, go for something from Netflix or await the late night shows.  

This is a PR gig, nothing more or less and if the public does not buy the way one dresses or talks, they will not buy the product and if the sales of the products continue to fall, all "entertaining sales critters" will be gone.

Regular Contributor

I thought it looked like a robe. I get she was trying to dress like the sales rep, but the rep looked like she was wearing a shot dress. Kerstin looked like she forgot to finish getting dressed.

Honored Contributor

IMO even though Kerstin is thin and fit, she is big and tall, she looked like she had something on she out grew. Kerstin does wear most fashions beautifully, just not that romper.

Honored Contributor

I do think rompers in general look better on young teen girls. 

They do have rompers for men, it was a topic here. So when are Rick, David Venable, Dan Hughes et al going to wear them?

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor
Kirsten lives herself a little too much. And the silly girly giggling when males guests only are on is VERY obvious. Hello Mr. Kirsten?!
Super Contributor
Loves herself sorry.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I didn't see Kerstin but there's host on JTV who is mid to late 40's I've seen her wear tiny tiny rompers.  It's not a body issue or even an age issue; it just looks like beachwear.  Like seeing a show host do a show in a bathing suit.

About a week or so ago, EvineLive had a host in a one piece with plunging neckline swimsuit selling products.  The venue was at a beach resort and the models were also in swimwear, some were even in the pool modeling jewelry.

i did a double take.  Later shows were done at the same venue, but the hosts were wearing sundresses instead of swimwear.

Esteemed Contributor

The name romper is so wrong. At least the predicted trend of the male romper never took off.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The name romper is so wrong. At least the predicted trend of the male romper never took off.

I don't think anyone seriously thought that was going to be popular . . .