Valued Contributor

Re: Kerstin's Skirt on Sat Morn Q

I think  there is such a thing as appropriate dress. It shows respect for others who must look at you. Torn jeans, midriff tops are for the very, very young at the beach or at home.

Most of the hosts on Q (even the "young ones") are nearing forty and should act like it, indeference to the audience.

I can't believe the Q appeals to anyone under 35. I wish they'd wise up and go with their demographics.

Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352  What I find baffling is the fact that she dresses like she does yet seems to profess to be a spiritual/religious person/family.  Her dress does not seem toportrait that, at least to me.

Honored Contributor

since october 1st, angelo (who used to do the on air styling during pmstyle and some other fashion shows) was promoted to styling the hosts for their on-air shows. i would guess if management didnt like his vision then they would not have put him in that position. he worked quite a lot with lisa robertson.

http://stylingbymrtrendy-chic.com/aboutme

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I am part of the 30-somethings and my job is a management role representing my company in public.  I would never be caught wearing the outfit from this morning or the one SK is wearing tonight, leggings and off the shoulder sweater.  When I initially turned on the tv after being out all day I had a flashback to "Flashdance".  If I were presenting myself in front of millions of people as these hostesses do, I would be classy and professional looking, not sloppy and practically wearing pj's, gym clothes or club outfits.  Someone posted the stylist who used to work with LR. She never dressed like this, ever. I cannot believe this person allows their style team to send people on camera looking like they do.

Esteemed Contributor

The outfit was completely inappropriate for any age or situation.  My jaw literally dropped when I saw it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Zita wrote:

I think  there is such a thing as appropriate dress. It shows respect for others who must look at you. Torn jeans, midriff tops are for the very, very young at the beach or at home.

Most of the hosts on Q (even the "young ones") are nearing forty and should act like it, indeference to the audience.

I can't believe the Q appeals to anyone under 35. I wish they'd wise up and go with their demographics.

I think Kerstin and Shawn are well north of 40.. middle aged. I wouldn't put them in the young catagory.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't seen her but was intrigued after reading this thread so went on the hunt. I was surprised that her skirt generated so much negativity. Thought she looked cute, works hard at keeping her body in shape to wear these fashions. Didn't appall or disgust me, but thought she was dressed more for a fashion show than a gift show. Maybe more men watch the gift shows, and whether they would acknowledge it to their wives or not, I'm sure THEY enjoyed watching her. Q knows what sells.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

I saw nothing wrong with her skirt. Pretty girl with a beautiful figure. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care for KL's personality  or selling style, but I do think lately her clothing style has improved. I didn't see her Saturday, but people don't complain about nothing. I also agree there is a disconnect between what she professes religiously and how she dresses. I guess if you wear a big cross over some inappropriate  outfit for work, all is forgiven.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see her skirt Sat., but I've surfed by other Saturday's, and she looked like she was dressed for evening selling jewelry in Italy. For a Sat. morning show, she dresses just silly and you wonder what is she thinking? It tells me she's insecure what she has to offer in selling and is trying to make up for it in dress. Or, OTOH, like another poster said, she might be selling to the mostly male buyers on Saturday.