Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Kerstin's Skirt on Sat Morn Q

[ Edited ]

I am completely confused by the skirt she is wearing today. It appears to be a mesh overlay of a very very short black mini skirt. I am not sure who her stylist is behind the scenes, but that might be the most inappropriate skirt I have ever seen on a hostess at 10:30 in the morning.  Looks more like she is going to a higher end nightclub or something. The casual tshirt does  work with the skirt and high heels.  Note, this is not a critique of KL, only her skirt and stylist. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kerstin's Skirt on Sat Morn Q

I thought she looked nice.

Valued Contributor

The way the younger hosts dress on QVC is terrible. Unappropriate attire and unprofessional.  One of the reasons I won't watch the younger ones...Amy, Shawn, Courtney, Kirsten.  They are too casual and in my opinion, not dressed for their jobs. Why does management allow this????  It's getting worse all the time...one of my biggest peeves is the skin tight torn jeans.  I'm sorry but just because a certain look, such as that, is in vogue doesn't make it appropriate for a TV personality to wear!  QVC needs to get back on track

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was waiting for someone to comment on her skirt today...This is how she dresses...I think she likes to PUSH THE ENVELOPE...She has dressed like this before and I guess no one has callled her out about it..SO, it continues..My feelinhg is that QVC management thinks this type of dressing TAPS INTO THE YOUNGER VIEWER???  They typically have an OLDER DEMOGRAPHIC...so....they allow the TORN JEANS and whatever to appeal to the 20 & 30 somethings?? Me personally..I think she looks ridiculous at times and it comes off as TRYING TO HARD...BUT if the powers that be think this is appropriate..?oh well!

Honored Contributor

I turned the show on to see what you are talking about and she is covered with a blanket so she must feel uncomfortable.I think het top looks nice though.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is unbelievable.
I can hardly believe they allow her
to dress like this..

I give up... I'm so done...

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

The way the younger hosts dress on QVC is terrible. Unappropriate attire and unprofessional.  One of the reasons I won't watch the younger ones...Amy, Shawn, Courtney, Kirsten.  They are too casual and in my opinion, not dressed for their jobs. Why does management allow this????  It's getting worse all the time...one of my biggest peeves is the skin tight torn jeans.  I'm sorry but just because a certain look, such as that, is in vogue doesn't make it appropriate for a TV personality to wear!  QVC needs to get back on track

QVC viewers represent a huge cross section of women across the country.  QVC management "allows" hosts to dress in different styles in order to appeal to that very diverse cross section of women.  I am not young, but the fashions worn by some of the younger hosts appeal to me much more than the conservative fashions worn by other hosts.

You have Mary Beth, Jill and Jane T. to represent those who like conservative dressing.  Amy, Courtney, and Kirsten respresent another side of personal style. I'm happy to see that QVC is "on track" in attempting to appeal to a wide base of customers.

~Enough is enough~
Valued Contributor

I finally had to turn channels.  I do this on Saturday's when she and David are on.  I like David, but Keratin so sooooooo much like Shawn it is crazy.  She is even dressing like her, now.

No more Saturday morning Q for me and other Kerstain shows (which I watch very few) in the future. 

Valued Contributor

So we should allow school teachers, principals, TV news anchors, religious leaders, politicians, and on and on, whoever, whatever their role in society, to just dress any old way. Torn jeans, maybe belly shirts, you get the drift.  Everyone can wear anything because it might appeal to someone??? 

Whatever happened to dressing and looking appropriate for your job or role. I feel this same way when I go to a bank and a teller is dressed inappropriately. what happened to business attire in the financial sector?????   We did it for years!

I would be appalled if I turned on nightly news and the anchor was in torn jeans, sloppy shirt that was too long and boots! 

This is not a generational thing, it used to be called class and respect.

Esteemed Contributor

I am older and love the jeans with holes....I don't wear them but think they are cute on younger people.  I saw Twiggy and DG selling jeans of the same style and wearing them and I don't consider either young nor did they look particularly good.  I think people dress much more casual today.  I can't say in my former Company that it would be accepted but I saw people on the train in NYC commuting to work in torn jeans....as long as they sell the products, I really don't care what they where....except maybe the PJs and Bras...