Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I love to see the hosts in the clothes they choose for themselves from wherever.  I can see the QVC clothes on them and on the models repeatedly, but I seldom get to see what women who have figures and money and a shopping itch buy for themselves.  Sometimes it's something more expensive than I'd buy, but so what? I'm not stupid enough to think that women at the higher levels of the fashion game are buying all their clothes at QVC prices.

I know lots of people think that if they suddenly had the money to do it, they still would not spend anything more on their clothing (or on anything else).    Funny - but there's not much research that supports that idea.  Isn't one reason so many lottery winners go broke that they get that money and then just spend and spend and spend?

You make a parallel to someone like Michelle Obama or Melania Trump wearing QVC clothes.  This is by no means what we are saying.  I know you did and still do hold Lisa R in low regard but she wore a stodgy old pair of black jeans in order not to take away from what else she wore that was QVC.  She always tried on and wore items from the QVC line.  Not so with these young, noveau riche types that QVC is hiring.  I love Jacqui, Angela, Kate and Shantal whom I bet have and would wear some of LDO clothing.  I am sure they don't wear all QVC clothing out but I can imagine they find pieces and prices they like.  

Kerstin and Shawn seem to tthink they are above the shoppers at QVC and while they are both quite attractive, they don't hold a candle to Katie, Albany, Amy or Courtney and Courtney often works QVC clothing while working her shows.  It's just a matter of being creative and being able to work QVC clothing into your own wardrobe.  Some lack the imagination or wherewithal to do that.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter to me what the hosts are wearing as long as it's not distracting and they do the job they were hired to do...show the items being sold.

Valued Contributor

I agree with all the posters who feel hosts should wear QVC clothing.

There are enough brands and variety of clothing sold on Q and they should use the opportunity when they host to show the clothes and different ways to style them.  That way, when this comes up (where did a host get that top?)

we can easily access it.

They are on air for 2-3 hours at max....why would it be hard for any host to wear something nice from the company that pays them so well????

Honored Contributor

Maybe the hosts should wear uniforms!...LOL!Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Her clothes might be beautiful  BUT it's not good that she can't wear what she sells.  Pitiful.  I never watch her anyway so I guess my opinion is a zero.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Maybe the hosts should wear uniforms!...LOL!Woman LOL

Only if the uniforms were sold by QVC or QVC marketing decided it was best for their hostesses to wear a simple LBD that could be used in trying jackets, cardigans jewelry, etc.