Contributor

I loved Kerstin's top this Father's Day morning.  It was beautiful, with aqua and creams.  A caller even asked her about it.  Kerstin said it was not a QVC item.  She said it was an "Equipment" line of clothing.   I will have to see if I can find "Equipment" online.  I truly liked that top.  It would go great with an aqua or cream shoe.  Let me know if you noticed her top this morning or know "Equipment."

Honored Contributor

@Disney Walk  I didn't see the show, but Google Equipment shirts and see if you can find her shirt.  Maybe if it's new enough it will be there.  Hope it's on sale though!

Contributor

I thought that the "Insert QVC Host's Name Closet" shows showcased the QVC clothes items that the host has/loves/can't live without.  Not a great incentive to buy Q clothes if the host can't even bother to wear them during a fashion show.

Contributor

I did not find the top on a quick search, but other tops are hundreds and thousands of dollars. Now, I remember "Equipment"!  LOL

Valued Contributor

@Sharbou wrote:

I thought that the "Insert QVC Host's Name Closet" shows showcased the QVC clothes items that the host has/loves/can't live without.  Not a great incentive to buy Q clothes if the host can't even bother to wear them during a fashion show.

You would certainly think so!

Valued Contributor

@Sharbou wrote:

Very good point!  

Contributor

The sale items on "Equipment" website are much better the original prices.  However, I could not find Kerstin's particular top.  Oh well, it is lovely.  Kerstin always loves aqua LOL.  That top had aqua in it.  Beautiful summer top.

Honored Contributor

I know from previously observed posts that there are people who disagree, however; I agree that I think each host should wear QVC clothes when on air.

I mean all we hear about is "I own this or that" constantly.  Well, dig it out of your closet and wear it on the air when you are presenting 3 hours of things to us, your potential customers.

What does that say about QVC clothes if the hosts can't even wear them for 3 freaking hours when they are on the air talking to us about the clothes (or whatever they are selling us).

This is a sore subject with me.  I just don't think it's right.  It's for 3 hours of their time.  It might not bother me as much but they are always telling us how much of this and that they own.  Well, every chance they get it seems like (unless they are presenting something) they don't wear any QVC clothes.

I have noticed that Carolyn often, most of the time DOES wear QVC clothes.  I've said often it doesn't make sense that QVC doesn't require them to wear their clothes while on air.  It is 3 hours that would have the item in front of the cameras selling, selling and selling (3 hours).

Like I said in the beginning, I know some disagree with us, but I think it's obvious they don't own the stuff they are selling.  In other words, it's good enough for us, but not for them to wear even for 3 hours.

Besides, I would think they would get it for free (just for the 3 hours on TV) to wear.  I'm sure QVC would loan it to them, but then maybe they wouldn't look as GREAT as it supposedly would make us look.

Can you tell it's a sore subject with me?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I know from previously observed posts that there are people who disagree, however; I agree that I think each host should wear QVC clothes when on air.

I mean all we hear about is "I own this or that" constantly.  Well, dig it out of your closet and wear it on the air when you are presenting 3 hours of things to us, your potential customers.

What does that say about QVC clothes if the hosts can't even wear them for 3 freaking hours when they are on the air talking to us about the clothes (or whatever they are selling us).

This is a sore subject with me.  I just don't think it's right.  It's for 3 hours of their time.  It might not bother me as much but they are always telling us how much of this and that they own.  Well, every chance they get it seems like (unless they are presenting something) they don't wear any QVC clothes.

I have noticed that Carolyn often, most of the time DOES wear QVC clothes.  I've said often it doesn't make sense that QVC doesn't require them to wear their clothes while on air.  It is 3 hours that would have the item in front of the cameras selling, selling and selling (3 hours).

Like I said in the beginning, I know some disagree with us, but I think it's obvious they don't own the stuff they are selling.  In other words, it's good enough for us, but not for them to wear even for 3 hours.

Besides, I would think they would get it for free (just for the 3 hours on TV) to wear.  I'm sure QVC would loan it to them, but then maybe they wouldn't look as GREAT as it supposedly would make us look.

Can you tell it's a sore subject with me?

In jobs I have worked before, it's called "biting the hand that feeds you," and some companies will fire you for less.

Honored Contributor

I love to see the hosts in the clothes they choose for themselves from wherever.  I can see the QVC clothes on them and on the models repeatedly, but I seldom get to see what women who have figures and money and a shopping itch buy for themselves.  Sometimes it's something more expensive than I'd buy, but so what? I'm not stupid enough to think that women at the higher levels of the fashion game are buying all their clothes at QVC prices.

I know lots of people think that if they suddenly had the money to do it, they still would not spend anything more on their clothing (or on anything else).    Funny - but there's not much research that supports that idea.  Isn't one reason so many lottery winners go broke that they get that money and then just spend and spend and spend?