Respected Contributor

Kevin Klein looks like a mortician.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Nice to see the photos of these people, especially Sally Field. 

As for Sesame Street, I thought Kennedy Center honors were only for people.  Will 60 Minutes be honored next year?

@ValuSkr   No, The Simpsons.

Honored Contributor

On early this year, usually airs few days after Xmas. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

IMO, a worthy group of honorees.  Looking forward to watching or recording the show.  I guess beards are "in"!!!!  And for me at least they were all recognizable which is not always the case!

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

Linda Ronstadt has progressive supranuclear palsy which is sometimes mistaken for Parkinson's. 

@lmt 

My mother had Parkinson's, of which there are many diseases in that family, and the palsies make the face look shiny as it stretches the skin and the wrinkles seem to disappear.  I don't think my former note posted but I accused my mother of having had a facelift the first time I noticed it. 

I accused her of getting a facelift when she returned, after a few months, abroad.  She had that same look with sort of wide-open eyes as Linda Ronstadt. 

My sister said she had gone off the vegetarian wagon and was eating meats and cheeses and that was what did it.  My mother was a total vegetarian. 

We learned, when she started hiding her hands to keep us from seeing the shaking, that she had something wrong and we took her to a neurologist, only to find this had been going on for 2-3 years but she was very proud and vain, and had tried to hide it, as she did not want anyone to know.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Would it have killed Garth Brooks to put on  a suit or at least not a pair of rumpled up blue jeans?

@aubnwa01   His friends are in lowly places where the whisky flows like an oasis.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It is interesting to see the actors and how they have aged.  Pierce Brosnan looks good and so does Sally Field.  Yes, they are no longer in their 20, 30, and 40's.  More like late 50's or 60's plus.  

I agree!  That Pierce Brosnan is so handsome, no matter his age!

Trusted Contributor

@lmt I saw this on the news.  It's on my list to watch On Demand. 

Earth Wind and Fire!  I feel blessed to have been able to see them in person when Maurice White was alive.  Sally Field, what a legend!  Big Bird!  

I so enjoy this show.  Last year when Cindy Lauper honored Cher, Adam Lambert with Queen/Freddy Mercury. 

Always something of excellence to look forward to! 

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal I don't like her makeup.  I think the color of the dress is just beautiful on her but. maybe without the train?  It could be the picture.  She is a simply beautiful girl.  

Linda Ronstadt's hair color is what is making her look so different.  What a voice.  She was also one of the main artists esponsible for bringing the Eagles forward. If she did nothing else that (for me) would be it. 

Honored Contributor
@Jtdmum. I agree about Linda's hair color. When I picture her with her dark hair in the photo, she looks the same, just older and a little heavier.