Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

It's always a great show.

Poor Linda Ronstadt doesn't even look like herself.  

@FranandZoe What?  Go back and look at photos.  To me she looks the most like her younger self than any of the others.  She is just older.  As all of us from that era are.

Yes, her hair is lighter than it used to be. But she is 73 years old (in addition to having Parkinson's, as someone else noted), and I think she looks good!

I, too, think Linda looks great for her age and given the status of her health. Actually she and Sally are the same age and to my eye look the same age.  

Contributor

We live in the DC area and just went to the Opera House at The Kennedy Center last week to see The Nutcracker performed by the Atlanta Ballet Company. My grandson just turned 6 so he was mesmorized by the entire production. It is a wonderful venue and the Opera House in particular where the Kennedy Center Honors is held is truly breathtaking! If you ever get a chance to visit DC, its a must-see.

Valued Contributor

Linda Ronstadt has progressive supranuclear palsy which is sometimes mistaken for Parkinson's. 

Honored Contributor

Sally Field is aging gracefully, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Would it have killed Garth Brooks to put on  a suit or at least not a pair of rumpled up blue jeans?

Honored Contributor

It is interesting to see the actors and how they have aged.  Pierce Brosnan looks good and so does Sally Field.  Yes, they are no longer in their 20, 30, and 40's.  More like late 50's or 60's plus.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Nice to see the photos of these people, especially Sally Field. 

As for Sesame Street, I thought Kennedy Center honors were only for people.  Will 60 Minutes be honored next year?

Respected Contributor

Re: Kennedy Center Honors

[ Edited ]

@Carol Diane wrote:

Linda Ronstadt has progressive supranuclear palsy which is sometimes mistaken for Parkinson's. 

There is all sorts of information online about her having Parkinson's, including interviews in which she talks about having it. She is quoted in The New Yorker, saying "I have a form of Parkinsonism that doesn’t respond to standard Parkinson’s meds, so there’s no treatment for what I have. It’s called P.S.P.—Progressive Supranuclear Palsy."

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It is interesting to see the actors and how they have aged.  Pierce Brosnan looks good and so does Sally Field.  Yes, they are no longer in their 20, 30, and 40's.  More like late 50's or 60's plus.  

Pierce is 66, Sally is 73.

Super Contributor

Garth Brooks-ugh! No class! Seriously, he looks like a bumpkin. He should know better. I can't believe all of the people commenting on the women but letting this go. So wrong for so many reasons!

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”