Respected Contributor

Re: Keira Knightley In Chanel To Receive Her OBE

I enjoy your posts @Greeneyedlady21 it's interesting how everyone sees fashion differently. All that's missing in this photo is a big lollipop, she looks so fussy & childish in this outfit because it's wearing her. Appropriate for my taste would be a simple updo hairstyle, a sheath dress & a knockout pair of heels...classic & timeless.

Honored Contributor

Not a big fan of that outfit.  Regarding the hat, it appears to be positioned wrong.  It shouldn't be so far back on her head.  It would look look better farther forward on her head.

Respected Contributor

the belt placement just looks odd.  along with the hat. 

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

i like that she wore the tweed hat. she’s so cute in it. 

@freakygirl  She did look cute in it and I like the hat, but I think it was too casual for the occasion.

I see Prince Charles has taken on more of the Queen's duties (and Prince William has done the knighthoods recently).

Super Contributor

I love her shoes, and thank goodness she went sans hose.  She is dressed for her age.  

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it's an outfit I need to see in person to appreciate, but I don't like anything about the clothing or hat.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Cute outfit; she's young and tiny so it totally works for her.

Interesting take. I don't think of her as "tiny." She's quite slim, but I don't call anyone "tiny" at 5'7".

P.S. I don't really like the outfit, and I really don't like the hat.

Honored Contributor

The blouse with the tie and the suit look really off to me.  She is such a lovely, young woman and someone should have helped her get dressed.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Loved the suit, the shoes were fine, the hat was out of place, especially for an award with royality.  It's easy to see what the English wear.  Keria could have had anyone create something appropriate.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The blouse with the tie and the suit look really off to me.  She is such a lovely, young woman and someone should have helped her get dressed.

I think Chanel helped her get dressed -- she has added the hat and different shoes, but the suit and blouse are worn exactly as the Chanel model wore them.