Respected Contributor

Re: Katy P and Shawn

[ Edited ]

@tropics21 wrote:

All I can say is Shawn wearing those atrocious long, dangling, earrings, that are now OUT OF STYLE and her on again off again glasses, had me turn the channel. I don't understand how woman over 40, who need readers, just don't get contact lenses, or progressive lenses, yet buy these outrageous glasses designed, made, and sold to woman who want to look ugly.  Why would woman buy glasses that do not make them attractive???????????????

@tropics21  Glad someone else see's SK's readers "behavior".  I use to watch Shawn all the time since I like her, but when she started with the glasses habit, just could not take the silliness and gradually stopped watching her shows.  She reminded me of the phase where your baby is attached to their binky....guess this is Shawn's binky phase!

Respected Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

All these comments are cracking me up.  Really entertaining.  I always love reading different points of view.  Makes the world go round.  

@IamDoodles  I am loving this topic because I did not watch the show.  I tuned in for a few minutes and left because I am not a Katy Perry fan and don't like her shoes, so I was not interested in the show, but this topic has been a hoot to read!

Super Contributor

Not a fan of Katy Perry and wouldn’t buy her shoes so I didn’t watch the show but credit to QVC because at least it was a different and unique show instead of yet another boring Clarks or Vionic show.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuselol   Loved the shoes.  Maybe 40 years ago I could have thought about wearing them.  Never now though.  For me, they could be in a shoe museum not a shoe shop.

Perfect show where the product was far better, imo, than the presentation.  Disliked KP totally.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  I watched part of the show out of curiousity and after 10 minutes turned it off.  The only word I have for it is WEIRD.  Like an SNL parody......cut for time.

Trusted Contributor
I agree! Those glasses are beyond bizarre! She had them so far down on her nose I thought they were going to fall off. They look so silly! She uses them as an accessory and they look ugly.
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't watch the show but looked at a number of the presentation videos.  Katy is an over the top entainer and IMO was being herself.  The host acted like a star struck teeny bopper trying to take the spotlight.  Rather weird to watch a woman of her age acting like she does all the time.  Just my diverse opinion.  

Respected Contributor

Shawn is a diva.  I did not see the presentation with Katy P.  I don't watch anything with Shawn anymore.  She asks inane questions and makes inane comments.  She fills up the time with personal stories, dumb comments, but very little product information.  I get the impression  that she does not do much preparation for her shows.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Shawn is a diva.  I did not see the presentation with Katy P.  I don't watch anything with Shawn anymore.  She asks inane questions and makes inane comments.  She fills up the time with personal stories, dumb comments, but very little product information.  I get the impression  that she does not do much preparation for her shows.

@maximillian  - From what I've seen of Shawn and from what I've read here in the forums, her presentation style is the "wing it" and "off the cuff" type.  I'm not saying it's wrong.  Just stating it's her presentation/personality style.  I think she's trying to emulate a talk show environment.

Honored Contributor

I am sorry I missed the show.When was it on?I just tuned in to q but it was a kitchen show....at least that shoe show got us out of the kitchen for an hour.