Respected Contributor

Re: Katie Holmes in faux fur coat this weekend by Max Mara

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@vsm 

Your comment made me laugh....I was just thinking it reminded me of the Muppet Fozzie Bear.  However, I still might consider getting a black one for very casual wear.

Image result for fozzie bear"

Just be sure to carry a lint roller with you, @Witchy Woman !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the coat but not her white gym shoes.  I own a Max Mara black merino wool coat that I purchased in 1992.  I paid either $600 or $700 at that time.  The wool is so soft there is nothing like it.  It is actually a timeless piece.  As far as a dupe coat for less that Katie is wearing, check out Nordstrom or Target.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Just wanted to share that I saw a teddy coat at TJ Maxx today by Rachel Zoe for $29.99.  It's about the same color as the one in the OP but not as bulky.  

Rachel Zoe coat.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers  I bought a really nice long, warm jacket from Target last year.  Yes, Target has a great selection of jackets/coats -- just pick and choose.  I get compliments on mine all the time and on sale I paid about $50. 

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Just saw a coat like this in Target over the weekend, $49, had a tan version and pink. Seeing it in person I must say I'd never wear it outside. It is bulky, shapeless and IMO wouldn't keep you warm in the winter here in Ohio. And I bet that fuzzy material would shed and pill eventually.

Honored Contributor

I have yet to see anyone who can pull off that type of coat. I'm small and thin and every coat of that style I put on I look like a bear cub.LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not really a fan of these teddy coats. The shorter ones look less like bathrobes. I understand a coat can be roomy, but this looks way too big on her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Ditto!😁 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

🤣🤣🤣🤣...I can't stop laughing! 😂😂😂 I would not have made that comparison, but it's a look-a-like for sure... LOL

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Houstonoilers  I bought a really nice long, warm jacket from Target last year.  Yes, Target has a great selection of jackets/coats -- just pick and choose.  I get compliments on mine all the time and on sale I paid about $50. 

i LOVE Target!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West