Honored Contributor

Re: Katie Holmes in Kate Spade dress...

What you can't see in this photo is that she wears a nose ring now.

A big no from me.

Having fun: Katie Holmes has changed up her look recently. On Monday the 43-year-old Dawson's Creek actress showed off a new nose ring as she went to meetings in New York City

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Really? It looks very similar to a housecoat ( e.g., shmata) my Mom used to wear. 🤣🤣🤣. If I was younger being snapped by Paps with cameras, this is not what I would be wearing... 

Honored Contributor

Looks like prairie/pioneer is back in style.  Seems a little early in March for stark white shoes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

The dress is cute.  I do like the butterfly print.  My personal style would be make the top half as a shirt, then wear white pants with the white shoes for summer or black with black for winter.  It's a versatile print. 

@CoffeeNut  The print does come in a top!

Super Contributor

I really like the dress and the shoes.

Respected Contributor

Kate Spade has a few more butterfly dresses in her collection.

social butterfly earrings

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the dress or the shoes.  She however looks fine in it as she appears to be quite tall.

Respected Contributor

Didn't Kate Spade sadly commit suicide a few years ago?  If So someone else is designing these frocks! 🤣

Honored Contributor

I love the butterfly dress and blouse shown.

The white shoes:  I'm thinking that the white in the butterfly print might stand out in person, and maybe the shoes do blend in much better than in the photo.

I would wear tonal skin color shoes, but that's me.  

White shoes are 'in' right now.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Didn't Kate Spade sadly commit suicide a few years ago?  If So someone else is designing these frocks! 🤣

@Skyegirl21 

Yes, she did.

"

Death[edit]

A housekeeper found Spade dead in her Manhattan apartment on June 5, 2018. Her death was ruled a suicide.[26] Police reported she had left a note addressed to her daughter.[27] The day after his wife's death, Andy Spade released a statement:

Kate suffered from depression and anxiety for many years. She was actively seeking help and working closely with doctors to treat her disease, one that takes far too many lives. We were in touch with her the night before and she sounded happy. There was no indication and no warning that she would do this. It was a complete shock. And it clearly wasn't her. There were personal demons she was battling.[23]

Within a week of her death, the flagship Kate Spade New York store in Manhattan (and soon other stores nationwide) displayed a sign in its front window reading:

Kate Spade, the visionary founder of our brand, has passed. Our thoughts are with her family at this incredibly heartbreaking time. We honor all the beauty she brought into this world.[28][29]

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.