Trusted Contributor

Re: Katie Holmes' casual "running around town" look

Great look...very casual and put together.

Trusted Contributor

I'm in the minority, I think she looks sloppy. The jeans are nice if she's staying home painting her bedroom maybe but look like he** to go out. Slipping on a pair of slim jeans wouldn't have taken much fashion sense.

Respected Contributor

I'm not crazy about the shape of her sunglasses.  And she has some weird bun-thing going on atop her head!

Other than those things...I think she looks cute.  

Honored Contributor

She looks casual and cool.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Walking around NYC in the dead of winter w/o socks is a big NO-NO for me.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I think it's one of her better looks.

Nice sweater, coat and sunglasses. LOVE the handbag!!

I don't mind the ripped jeans, but I hate the raw hem look.

Honored Contributor

I think she looks great..but the area she is in looks like it’s been a homeless camp with all of that trash.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

I'm in the minority, I think she looks sloppy. The jeans are nice if she's staying home painting her bedroom maybe but look like he** to go out. Slipping on a pair of slim jeans wouldn't have taken much fashion sense.

Not everyone wears slim jeans, leggings or jeggings.  I'd wear this outfit just as it is.

Honored Contributor

I like things a bit more polished looking ,and I don't care for the drab colors. It looks like it is past it's sellby date to me

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

I like the look for a Saturday running to Trader Joe's vibe.

I am curious how much money celebs make "pretending" the clothing/accessories belong to them, when truthfully the items would never be found in their personal closets.🤔

@magicmoodz   I think outfits/everyday clothing like this are theirs. The awards gowns, personal appearance fancy dresses, maybe those are on loan. 

@Shanus  I have to disagree. All these seemingly candid photos of celebs walking down the street are accompanied by brand names of exactly what they are wearing. In my opinion they are nothing more than advertisements to entice us to buy (and they do).

@magicmoodz   It doesn't influence my style or buying habits. If she's carrying a recognizable bag brand, of course it would be mentioned in the article...probably wearing Jamie Fox's sunglasses, too...if hadn't broken up yet. I'm not running out today to purchase those either. 

@Shanus  You might not be the demographic they are trying to reach. Someone pays for these photos to be part of InStyle magazine. 

I don't believe Jamie Fox has ever lent his name to this particular brand of sunglasses and for that matter in this day and age of "inspired/replicas" how would we know they aren't? Do you think the photog stopped her and said "Tell me Katie, whose sunglasses are you wearing?"

It's not the red carpet.