Honored Contributor

Re: Katie Holmes' casual "running around town" look

Only if you are 20 something. Otherwise it looks sloppy and umkempt with the torn jeans 

Trusted Contributor

Not impressed. 

Honored Contributor

I've always thought that Katie doesn't seem to need to be 'glambed up' when she's out in public.

I like this about her.

Very cute 'out and about' look.

I'm not a fan of distressed jeans in general, but I like the style/fit on Katie (and probably myself). 

Wishing her well.  

Saw a photo of her daughter Suri, and she sure is quite a beautiful young lady. 

Seems as though I blinked, and now she's all grown up!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Cute outfit. I love the coat and bag, always love the juxtaposition of an expensive handbag with a casual outfit.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a good look in my opinion.  Many tall thin ladies often think they can pull off any style, but that doesn't make it a good choice.  I would dress in jeans like that, to do yard work.  

Honored Contributor

I hate to say it but she looks rather frumpy.  Maybe if her hair was down and she had the coat buttoned (at least the top 2 buttons) she would look better.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Off topic here, but anyone else notice all the garbage all over the sidewalks behind her?  I'm sure she's not walking in a bad part of town, so what's w/all the trash?

NYC wouldn't look like such a dump if people used the trash receptacles that are on every public street.  Yeeeeessh.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

I like the look on her except for the purse. Looks big,cumbersome. If I'm walking around the city a big bowling bag purse gets in the way.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

I don't think this outfit looks good at all.   The jeans don't fit her and look sloppy.   Actually everything about the outfit except the coat looks ill fitted. I also don't like the white tee peeking up around the collar.  The shoes and bag look OK though.   Thumbs down if a stylist put this together. 

Respected Contributor

Guess I am the odd ball here as I don't really like most of it LOL!

The jeans with no socks in what looks like men's wingtip shoes is just ugly to my eye.  The striped sweater...I hate it...awful.  The bun thing on her head...no good.  The coat, bag and sunglasses are nice.  She herself looks pretty...great skin...young.