Honored Contributor

Re: Katie Holmes' casual "running around town" look

Yes, a nice comfy look without looking sloppy! I love the shoes and the handbag. Not a fan of the jeans too much though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No!  to the jeans.Woman Tongue The rest is just okay, nothing to rave about.

Respected Contributor

OK ladies, I must admit she looks far better than me the other day

doing some running around...

Those sunglasses of hers are totally cool! I want them.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

There's nothing special or noticeable about it.  It strikes me as  "I have to go out for minute, let me grab whatever is on the closet floor"  look.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Shanus as I do believe that they own their clothing they wear when they go out.   They have  enough money to wear designer everything so why wouldn't they?  I don't  flaunt but I like some pricey things within reason and have no problem wearing them out and about.  I think she is adorable and yes isn't Jami Foxx the spokesperson for those sunglasses Prive' whatever?

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

There's nothing special or noticeable about it.  It strikes me as  "I have to go out for minute, let me grab whatever is on the closet floor"  look.  

She looks awful. First the pant tears are ridiculous, and don't tell me this is the style. Everyone in the world has a striped shirt or two,Also sunglasses or a purse. Nothing special here.I'm not a person who get thrilled over celebtities.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess I'm an outsider here.  From what I've seen of Katie in the past, IMO, she usually lacks style and looks like she doesn't put much thought into coordinating her outfits, sometimes appearing sloppy.  Often I have to ask why she wore this with that?  

The only thing I don't like are the jeans and sunglasses.  The coat, sweater, shoes, and handbag are nice, but...

gray is not her color and I wouldn't wear it with the top and jeans.  She'd look much better in darker slim leg full length jeans with the dark top she chose.  A navy blue coat would pull this outfit together.  

I realize ankle length jeans and holes are the trend, but they make her look sloppy.  Since her ankles are showing, she should have socks on if the weather is cool enough to wear a coat. 

Those sunglasses are not flattering on her.  A slouchy shoulderbag would look much better.

I think her outfit would pass on a college campus, but she's 41 years old and a celebrity.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  So much better than that bra/sweater look she had awhile back.  This is one I good see any woman in any city doing.  Very nice.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I like everything about her look.  Casual, comfy and stylish.

The jeans are great and the pearl gray clor of the coat is beautiful.  I would never wear socks with those jeans and shoes. No show, yes. Regular socks, ugh

Honored Contributor

Don't think I've ever seen her in a 'glam' shot.