Honored Contributor

Re: Kathy Zeeland - anyone remember her?

@febe2 wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

I remember Kathy VanZeeland. She designed handbags, for the most part.  Yes, she had a lot of presentations on QVC.  Her handbags were faux leather or fabric, with a lot of adornments and hardware on them.  Her husband was on a lot too: Bruce Makowsky.  He sold leather handbags.  Occasionally they had a show together.  They sold their businesses to a large corporation and went on to bigger and better wheeling and dealing in real estate in California.  At one time someone posted a photo of the enormous luxury mansion they lived in.   That was a few years ago. 

Bruce and Kathy made millions and millions at the Q. I thought it would go on forever. The Q made them rich!

@febe2  Bruce was also heavily into real estate as @maximillian posted. So I think it was mostly the real estate that made them so wealthy although QVC definitely helped. People who actually work for a living should be applauded.

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of blasts from the past lately, LOL.   I was recently chatting on here about Sports Savvy.    I remember Kathy Van Zeeland too.  I have a couple of her bags, one in black with crystal pieces hanging from it, I love it but don't use it much anymore.  I mainly have switched totally to cross body bags, just works better for me.  I also had a gold one that I gave to my sister a while back.  I do have a nice carry on bag of hers though and I still plan on using it.   Bruce Makowsky did leather bags while she mostly did faux leather.

Frequent Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@febe2 wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

I remember Kathy VanZeeland. She designed handbags, for the most part.  Yes, she had a lot of presentations on QVC.  Her handbags were faux leather or fabric, with a lot of adornments and hardware on them.  Her husband was on a lot too: Bruce Makowsky.  He sold leather handbags.  Occasionally they had a show together.  They sold their businesses to a large corporation and went on to bigger and better wheeling and dealing in real estate in California.  At one time someone posted a photo of the enormous luxury mansion they lived in.   That was a few years ago. 

Bruce and Kathy made millions and millions at the Q. I thought it would go on forever. The Q made them rich!

@febe2  Bruce was also heavily into real estate as @maximillian posted. So I think it was mostly the real estate that made them so wealthy although QVC definitely helped. People who actually work for a living should be applauded.

I agree. I think people should make as much as they can or want to make. 

Honored Contributor

still have a number of my KVZ and BMAK handbag and crossbodies.....loved the leathers that BMAK used and the KVZ handbag are just fun and different. a few were stolen from me by my daughters. lol

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I can only laugh at myself when I remember all those plastic bags with the bling and sparkly stuff I bought from KVZ. Granted, that was in style back then but got a bit carried away. Marshall's sold them for $19.99 for many years after the line went out of business. I think Lisa Robertson was responsible for the success of that line on QVC.
Regular Contributor

I LOVED watching Kathy van Z shows and seeing her variety of blinged-out purses.  I still have a gold one of hers from years back and wear it frequently.  My favorite item of hers was a croco-embossed suitcase that came with a large matching purse.  I no longer have the purse - it didn't open wide enough and the straps were uncomfortable on the shoulder - but the suitcase is going strong after at least 15 years.  It is in a beautiful seafoam color and I still receive tons of compliments on it every time I travel.  The quality and design are excellent.

Anyone else own KVZ luggage?  I wish it were still available today - I would buy more!!!