Super Contributor

Kathy Zeeland - anyone remember her?

I lost a lot of weight and was going through old stuff in my closet to see what fit.  I found a belt I bought on QVC years ago, but it was too small so I just hung in the closet.  It still had the tag on it - Kathy Zeeland.  What a blast from the past!  I had forgotten all about her.  She used to be on quite a bit.  Then I started thinking of Ghost Vendors of QVC past.  Who was the guy they nicknamed "Mr. Christmas" (before that brand came to Q) who sold wooden record players and music boxes?  Then I thought of all the various celebrities selling fashion on QVC.  One lady was a soap opera actress but I forget her name.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kathy Zeeland - anyone remember her?

@Tukey wrote:

I lost a lot of weight and was going through old stuff in my closet to see what fit.  I found a belt I bought on QVC years ago, but it was too small so I just hung in the closet.  It still had the tag on it - Kathy Zeeland.  What a blast from the past!  I had forgotten all about her.  She used to be on quite a bit.  Then I started thinking of Ghost Vendors of QVC past.  Who was the guy they nicknamed "Mr. Christmas" (before that brand came to Q) who sold wooden record players and music boxes?  Then I thought of all the various celebrities selling fashion on QVC.  One lady was a soap opera actress but I forget her name.

susan lucci?

Super Contributor

Thomas Pacconi

Linda Dano

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Tukey wrote:

susan lucci?

@Tukey Also could have been Shell Kepler from General Hospital.  She had a fashion line on QVC but passed away in 2008.  Is the Christmas guy Thomas Pacconi?  I bought a box of his ornaments for each of my 3 children way back when that I haven't even given them yet.  

Respected Contributor

@Tukey wrote:

Do you mean Kathy Van Zeeland?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I remember Kathy VanZeeland. She designed handbags, for the most part.  Yes, she had a lot of presentations on QVC.  Her handbags were faux leather or fabric, with a lot of adornments and hardware on them.  Her husband was on a lot too: Bruce Makowsky.  He sold leather handbags.  Occasionally they had a show together.  They sold their businesses to a large corporation and went on to bigger and better wheeling and dealing in real estate in California.  At one time someone posted a photo of the enormous luxury mansion they lived in.   That was a few years ago. 

Respected Contributor

I remember that Kathy Zeeland sold a lot of rather cheesy purses. And I do remember that her husband was Bruce (no positive memories of him either).

Honored Contributor

I remember the Kathy VanZeeland handbags.  They were a big deal back in the day.  They sold them also in Macy's and other stores, too.  I had several of them and they had all these pretty and fancy charms on them.  One of them I bought was a leopard print and every time I carried it I got so many compliments.  I gave them all away years ago.  I hadn't thought of this line for years.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

I remember Kathy VanZeeland. She designed handbags, for the most part.  Yes, she had a lot of presentations on QVC.  Her handbags were faux leather or fabric, with a lot of adornments and hardware on them.  Her husband was on a lot too: Bruce Makowsky.  He sold leather handbags.  Occasionally they had a show together.  They sold their businesses to a large corporation and went on to bigger and better wheeling and dealing in real estate in California.  At one time someone posted a photo of the enormous luxury mansion they lived in.   That was a few years ago. 

Bruce and Kathy made millions and millions at the Q. I thought it would go on forever. The Q made them rich!

Trusted Contributor

I remember the forum post showing a photo of Kathy and Bruce's huge house, presumably funded by their popularity at the Q.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004