Respected Contributor

Re: Kathleen Kirkwood's Dictrac-Ease Camisoles

[ Edited ]

@dosey

I received A265670 yesterday and I am very pleased with it!  As you know I am on the busty side and therefore decided to size up.  Boy, am I glad I did.  It fits me well -- still a slim fit through the body (think skinny tee fit).  Had I stayed true to size it would no doubt pull across the buttons (hate that).

Several reviewers complained that it is impossible to iron.  I don't agree with that.  Now, I haven't washed it yet so that will be another test but it did arrive wrinkled so I pulled out the iron to smooth it out.  It turned out very nice.  For those who hate to iron, skip this one.  

Also, some reviewers said the white/ivory color looked dingy.  I do not find that to be the case.  

I think it is a fun layering piece.  And since layering is my thing, I'll have fun working this into my wardrobe. HTH.

Honored Contributor

I am the queen of white shirts and white tees.  Since there are times when a shirt or tee just doesn't work right, I think I will try this top for a layering piece.  I agree that name is ridiculous....lol   Where did they get that name....lol   It soulds like a contrapation for clearning drains or something....lol

Valued Contributor

@islandgrrl, I am thinking about ordering this one or A224161, which comes in more colors but has a bigger collar.  I like the idea of the layered look without bulk.  Since I'm not particularly busty and want to maintain a smooth look I don't think I should size up. Hoping it won't be too tight.

Respected Contributor

@jazzbabe

If you aren't busty and you will use it as a layering piece for the collar (in other words, you aren't looking for your body to show) then definitely give your normal Kathleen size a try.  I find that her items run truer to a B&M store than Q sizing.  Just know that staying with your normal size will likely give you a very body conscious fit.

It is a really fun piece.  I am looking forward to playing with it under cardis -- especially in the spring with brighter colors.  Let me know what you think if you pull the trigger! Heart

Valued Contributor

@islandgrrl, since I have never ordered any of her items I'm unsure of sizing.  I think this is one of the reasons I have never ordered anything from her line. I typically order XS or S in QVC tops but am usually a medium in b&m stores,

Respected Contributor

@jazzbabe wrote:

@islandgrrl, since I have never ordered any of her items I'm unsure of sizing.  I think this is one of the reasons I have never ordered anything from her line. I typically order XS or S in QVC tops but am usually a medium in b&m stores,

@jazzbabe

The good news is that this isn't a jacket or something where a precise fit is important.  So a 'good fit' is really a matter of personal taste.  I have some leggings that are form-fitting.  I have purchased other leggings a size larger because I wanted that little bit of room.  

The same can be true for this piece.  If you can wear an xs or s in Q sizes -- I would caution against the xs in this piece.  There is no stretch in the cotton portion so depending on your bust size you might go with the s or medium.  The stretchy portion is going to follow your curves -- in the same way a skinny tee can fit an xs or xl without being 'baggy' on the person who is an xs.  I'm not sure if I am making sense but I hope this is helpful!

Trusted Contributor

@islandgrrl

Thank you for the review!  It sounds like a great piece.  I am going to order it but have to wait until next month due to an unexpected car repair yesterday.  That is okay because it gives me time to decide if I want the pearl or grey.

I agree with you about the dingy comments.  The description is pearl, not white.  It is supposed to be a color that is slightly softer than white.

I also agree with all of you about the name of the shirt.  While I think the name is clever, it really doesn't apply to this garment.

Paws and enjoy life.
Valued Contributor

@islandgrrl,  thanks very helpful.  I'll let you know how it turns out if I actually pull the trigger.

New Contributor

I bought 3 of them, black grey and denim. I love them! One suggestion? How about classic button down to wear under my crew neck sweaters? Would love that!

New Contributor

One can always use the Downy fabric wrinkle releaser on the cotton part-I use it all the time on my scrubs and it works great!