Respected Contributor

Re: Katherine Hepburn Fashion

@Andreatoo wrote:

I love her style I love the trousers! And no the elastic waist pull ons that the shopping channels seem to be pushing do not suffice!

Express has beautiful trousers and I have a pair from Marc Bouwer that are very Audrey like

To be fair ... most of the elastic waist pull ons are meant to be much more casual than are more structured trousers. I think there's a place for both. (I'll bet Katharine Hepburn had some elastic waist pants by the time she was older, too. Smiley Wink) She was definitely an original!

Honored Contributor

I loved her in On Golden Pond, one of my all time favorite movies. I miss so much listening to my Mom talk about all the older movies and movie stars. I do know that Katharine Hepburn wore pants when women weren't supposed to 🙄

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

The 1940's were a time for womens' clothes, dresses, gloves, furs, hats and Katherine wore pants most of the time but looked great.  I believe that was her signature look.  Even the 1950's.  I remember a picture of my mother in a dress, hat , gloves and fox tails.  She looked beautiful.

kindness is strength