Honored Contributor

Princess Kate dazzles in rented neon green dress, Diana's ...

Honored Contributor

Re: Kate's Green Dress in NY!

On Inside Edition it showed Meghan in a white dress exactly like this one. People hollering at her she just kept smiling.

Esteemed Contributor

She is beautiful! The image of a future queen. 

Respected Contributor

Love the necklace, but not the dress. Kate is beautiful, of course, regardless. The dress just looks too plain and columnar and that color is too odd for my liking. Perhaps it is the neon-like intense shade of green, coupled with the lack of detail anywhere on the dress other than the severely straight waistline and neckline? The dress looks like it could use some sparklly fringe on either the bodice and sleeves, or on the skirt, or even just on the waist section, adding in a deeper shade of green. 

Would I like it better in all black or even in a darker/deeper shade of green? Perhaps. I think due to the color of the dress, I notice the dress more than I notice her, and that should not be the case. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE     I like Meghan's white even better than Kate's green -  and, I don't buy the media's dramatization of any family problems that might exist.  The royals are a family, and I know very few families that don't have issues.   ut we have no idea which woman (or their stylist) ordered the dress first.  Who copied whom"  The chicken or the egg?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

Love the necklace, but not the dress. Kate is beautiful, of course, regardless. The dress just looks too plain and columnar and that color is too odd for my liking. Perhaps it is the neon-like intense shade of green, coupled with the lack of detail anywhere on the dress other than the severely straight waistline and neckline? The dress looks like it could use some sparklly fringe on either the bodice and sleeves, or on the skirt, or even just on the waist section, adding in a deeper shade of green. 

Would I like it better in all black or even in a darker/deeper shade of green? Perhaps. I think due to the color of the dress, I notice the dress more than I notice her, and that should not be the case. 

@Jersey Born I am not really a fan of the dress either.  But I believe the dress was rented.  So I imagine her choices were limited.  Still, she looks stunning.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - DECEMBER 06  Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex attend the 2022 Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Ripple of Hope Gala at New York Hilton on December 06, 2022 in New York City. (Photo by Mike Coppola/Getty Images for 2022 Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Ripple of Hope Gala)

Princess Kate dazzles in rented neon green dress, Diana's ...

Anyone who says these dresses are exactly the same, has no idea of fashion!  Princess of Wales dress is considered a fitted column sheath with an off the shoulder neckline, fitted waist and a deep center seam up the back.

Duchess Meghan has an over drape over the bodice creating an off the shoulder neckline by having the over drape circle entirely around her shoulders, front and back.  The bottom half of the dress has draping staring a the waist and that overlaps and creates an opening that overlaps creating an opening in the front of the dress.

This is not the most flattering style that Duchess Meghan has worn.  It cuts her in too many ways and makes her appear shorter.

This style of dress that she has worn is far more flattering to her and is beautiful on her.

Meghan Markle stuns in red dress at Salute to Freedom Gala ...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why did Kate rent that green dress??

Esteemed Contributor

Meghan's white dress is the winner IMO.

@SilleeMee I believe they were asked to not purchase new dresses, but to wear something they already had.  You know, recycle, Save the Planet, all that rot.....Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Meghan's white dress is the winner IMO.

@SilleeMee I believe they were asked to not purchase new dresses, but to wear something they already had.  You know, recycle, Save the Planet, all that rot.....Woman Wink

@tends2dogs 

Kate most certainly owns many dresses. Why rent one??