Honored Contributor

Re: Kate and William in North Wales

@ms traditional wrote:

i'd like the Duchess' fitness regime.  i am not blessed with long legs but can only admire how trim she stays.  

@ms traditional Kate shared that she enjoys yoga and incorporates weights into her fitness program.

She uses the Dukan Diet to maintain her weight...basically it is a low carbohydrate diet with healthy fats, protein and vegetables.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Thank you...

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

i'd like the Duchess' fitness regime.  i am not blessed with long legs but can only admire how trim she stays.  

@ms traditional Kate shared that she enjoys yoga and incorporates weights into her fitness program.

She uses the Dukan Diet to maintain her weight...basically it is a low carbohydrate diet with healthy fats, protein and vegetables.

Thank you...I have never heard of the Dukan diet. I do like yoga.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I thought it was pretty, but, our guide said most people that live there don't like it.  Think it's a coal mining area. Just seemed like a wide open area with those purple flowers all around.

Lot of good English actors come from there. Anthony Hopkins, best actor that ever walked is one. Richard Burton, I think is from there. Catherine Zeta Jones-Douglas. Singer Tom Jones. Bunch of famous folk.

@wonderfulworld 

Thank you sharke! Interesting.

Honored Contributor

When I see her I sometimes think of "pretty is as pretty does."  I think that fits what we see of her perfectly.

She seems to be a real person, is comfortable with herself and doesn't feel the need to out-do others around her, or to try to go overboard to call attention to herself.

Her dress is respectful to others, and always appropriate.  She isn't afraid to be seen not always at her very best, and doesn't let her clothes wear her or send some message, other than she is a grown up woman with good sense and a deep seated fealing for her role in life and isn't about making statements and being in someone's face.  

Don't you hope that is all really true?  How nice it would be!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner  Wow, I really admire how you stated your opinion of Duchess Kate.  She sure does seem to genuinely accept her position as the wife of the future Prince of Wales and eventually King, and she doesn't seem to put a foot wrong at these official royal visits. Even her outfits and hair, while always nice, never seem to command more attention (imo) than the purpose of the visit.  I love how the photos capture her intently listening to others and showing those folks utmost respect.  Same goes for Prince William, but he has had a lifetime to prepare for his role, while the Duchess has had to learn on the job. 

Honored Contributor

Kate will make a lovely Queen Consort.  She has lost a lot of weight since her college days.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Beautiful Kate. Always love seeing her. What a gorgeous smile.

Respected Contributor

After their first stop at the Caernarfon Coastguard Search and Rescue Helicopter Base, Will and Kate changed up their looks slightly for an outdoor excursion with a Scouts troop on Newborough Beach. Will and Kate helped the kids with some litter clean-up and then they did a nice little “hike” photo op.

Kate wore the Wax Parka by Troy London ($470) in the navy colorway and the Penelope Chilvers boots.

Cambridges Newborough Beach

Cambridges Newborough Beach