Respected Contributor

Kate and William in North Wales

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have begun a one-day visit to north Wales, the region where they used to live.

William and Kate, who lived on Anglesey from 2010 to 2013, began their visit at the Caernarfon Coastguard Search and Rescue (SAR) helicopter base.

William worked as an RAF helicopter pilot at the base's former location at RAF Valley, Anglesey.

During the day they will meet people encouraging others to look after their community and protect the environment.

Their first engagement was to view the coastguard's new Sikorsky S92 helicopters.

William is being reunited with some former colleagues from the search and rescue team and is joining a discussion about the mental health challenges that can arise from working as first responders, which he has previously spoken out about.

They will also meet staff from the Wales Air Ambulance, which operates next door to the Caernarfon SAR base.

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit North Wales

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit North Wales

Respected Contributor

Re: Kate and William in North Wales

William and Kate visited the Caernarfon Coastguard and Rescue Helicopter Base in North Wales

kate-middleton

kate-beauty

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt 

Lovely!

I'll have what she's having! Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

I would love to visit Wales some day. I have been to Scotland 4 or 5 times but never Wales.

Honored Contributor

She's flawless

Respected Contributor

Kate wore a red, double-breasted blazer from the brand Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini, paired with a turtleneck, skinny jeans, and Aquatalia boots.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive to meet members of the Coastguard search and rescue helicopter team during a visit to Caernarfon Coastguard and Rescue Helicopter Base in North Wales.

kate-outfit

Kate and William met members of the search and rescue team

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during a visit to Caernarfon Coastguard and Rescue Helicopter Base in North Wales.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was pretty, but, our guide said most people that live there don't like it.  Think it's a coal mining area. Just seemed like a wide open area with those purple flowers all around.

Lot of good English actors come from there. Anthony Hopkins, best actor that ever walked is one. Richard Burton, I think is from there. Catherine Zeta Jones-Douglas. Singer Tom Jones. Bunch of famous folk.

@wonderfulworld 

Respected Contributor

i'd like the Duchess' fitness regime.  i am not blessed with long legs but can only admire how trim she stays.  

Trusted Contributor

These remind me of when Charles and Diana would be photographed the cameras would always focus on her. Same with Kate probably because she's so darn pretty and with that easy big beautiful smile. The camera loves her

Esteemed Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

These remind me of when Charles and Diana would be photographed the cameras would always focus on her. Same with Kate probably because she's so darn pretty and with that easy big beautiful smile. The camera loves her

Ita! I only wish Diana could have lived to see Kate and Meghan!!!! She'd have 4 grandchildren!!!!! I'm sure her son's miss her everyday!!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West