Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan at Buckingham Palace Reception

@Bri369 wrote:

I will never criticize someone for holding their pregnant belly.  How petty.

Pretty soon she won't be pregnant anymore.  I'm sure people will find something else to criticize about her. 

Ita...thankfully she'll have the baby soon..can't wait!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mindboggling to say the least. Though, Not surprising. On a positive note many well wishes from all over the world sending love their way. In my experience love always wins. Interesting noting, Kensington Palace published new guidelines for interacting on social media. The language clear, and concise. Tragedy is people forget words matter. Information visit: KP online.

Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple : Our daughter had twins who are 5 today. Ooh, that belly. She carried out front and that played havoc with her back. Didn’t look pregnant from behind. 

Our daughter was larger than you to begin with so at least her frame could handle it better although it was difficult.

i can’t imagine how you did it even though you had no choice. That’s quite a load.

Respected Contributor

It's interesting that Kate was never criticized for touching her pregnant belly. I wonder why ...

You can be as defensive as you want, but you're not fooling anyone.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
I remember this beautiful outfit that Kate wore on a trip to a mosque in Malaysia. The collar and length are different but the sleeves and buttons are similar to what she wore yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

It's interesting that Kate was never criticized for touching her pregnant belly. I wonder why ...

No she was not but I did just find this on Hello! Canada.  13 photos of Kate holding her children while expecting.

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/healthandbeauty/mother-and-baby/gallery/2019030670524/kate-middleton-to...

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Here are just a few more pictures from the event ......

Nice to see Anne laughing!

Image result for princess anne, meghan and harry at prince charles anniversary reception

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

@JJsMom   Kate was.  

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

Just from the videoclip that I saw on the U.K. Daily Mail, there didn’t seem to be any interaction between Kate and Meghan at the reception. Both ladies looked fine though. The shoes I love the most are PM Theresa May’s animal print kitten heel pumps. Try googling her shoes, she has an awesome shoe collection of kitten heel shoes!

@TY   There is a reason.  The group was to be in an order directed by the protocol.  If you notice or did not see the videos on YouTube, Meghan and Harry were about to go in with the queen, Charles, Camilla, Kate and Wills when the guards pulled them back.  This is done in a line of succession.  Since George, Charlotte and Louis were not there, they could not go in the same processional as it was out of order.  Charles is next in line to the queen, then Wills, then George, then Charlotte, then Louis and then Harry.  So with the absence of the three, the succession was broken and Harry and Meghan were pulled back.  Once inside, Meghan and Kate shared a joke or something as they were laughing together.

Honored Contributor

I don't like Kate's dress and I don't understand the focus some have on Meghan's hand placement.

Seems like a totally natural and unoffensive thing to do IMO.