Honored Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan at Buckingham Palace Reception

I really don't think most here are critisizing Meghan at all, just curious as it may not be something many have seen all the time. 

And seeing the pictures of Kate with her hand over her baby, maybe its something they do in EuropeSmiley Happy? (just kidding but maybe not)

I don't know, I've seen it, I may have done it occasionally, as others have said here too, just not all the time. It just looks  like something they are used to doing all the time.Or maybe they are told to do it so their security can spot them, and the baby just like the queen is told to wear bright colors.

If it's just a comfortable thing for them, well thats fine.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Ok wait! Look at this-It's called "cradling"

This from inside edition-

"There is a legitimate medical reason why she's holding her tummy — it's called cradling. Medical experts say that cradling the stomach actually can soothe the baby during hectic situations. 

And Meghan isn't alone. Beyoncé cradled her baby bump at the MTV Music Awards in 2011. In the past, Khloe Kardashian and Jessica Simpson were photographed on red carpets cradling their baby bumps. "

So very understandable being out in public with strangers and others in unfamiliar places, I'm sure this is a good time to "cradle."

I never knew about this. Maybe it is also a natural thing.I have 3 children-who knew?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

We should, we need to all be mature and respect and allow ALL opinions, whether we agree with them or not.  Just because someone's viewpoint is different, it doesn't mean they should have a target on their back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoftRain wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 Thanks for posting these lovely photos of Kate also holding her pregnant tummy!  Some folks here just want to find any fault they can with Meghan.  Both of these young women are beautiful, smart and classy and deserve respect.  Who are we to judge the choices of the future King of England and his brother?  I truly believe Diana would of been proud of both of their choices to mother her grandchildren.  The meanness and judgement truly saddens me, as I don't want to believe what the root of it might be coming from.

@SoftRain   To put it in few words:  It's just some comments about photos of people none of us know.  Don't assume what people mean by it and don't for goodness sakes think everyone is taking sides and ready to fight for their girl.

It's just what strikes people about some pictures in the news.

Do you REALLY think you know WHY someone commented on some pictures? What their "motive" is?  That I sure don't get.   

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

They both look pretty. I tend to prefer Meghan's style because it is more modern, but that's personal preference.

I find it amusing the same people always have to chime in about her hand on her pregnant belly. Why this bothers people I will never understand. It's extremely petty and leads me to believe they don't like Meghan for other reasons because they nitpick her to death. I can't wait to hear all their helpful opinions about her fashion and mothering skills once the baby is born.

I used to hold my belly all the time when I was pregnant because I have a small frame like Meghan and having a huge belly threw me off balance. It was just a nice resting place for my hands so they wouldn't swing by my side, and it provided support because my belly felt huge and heavy. It was also a natural maternal instinct for me to want to protect and be close to the baby. It's pretty sad that I even felt the need to justify or explain why a woman would do this.

100% Agree

I held my hand on my belly a lot with #2.  He was extremely active and kicked all of the time.  I think this is normal for most pregnant women, especially in the last trimester.

Honored Contributor

My very first pregnancy I found out that I was expecting twins when I was five months. I was 111 pounds at my first weigh in and like another poster stated, I have a small frame as well.

My son was the baby closer to my ribs and I was constantly rubbing my sides rubbing my huge belly. His sister had hiccups a lot while in utero so I patted my "bump" quite a lot too.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

They both look pretty. I tend to prefer Meghan's style because it is more modern, but that's personal preference.

I find it amusing the same people always have to chime in about her hand on her pregnant belly. Why this bothers people I will never understand. It's extremely petty and leads me to believe they don't like Meghan for other reasons because they nitpick her to death. I can't wait to hear all their helpful opinions about her fashion and mothering skills once the baby is born.

I used to hold my belly all the time when I was pregnant because I have a small frame like Meghan and having a huge belly threw me off balance. It was just a nice resting place for my hands so they wouldn't swing by my side, and it provided support because my belly felt huge and heavy. It was also a natural maternal instinct for me to want to protect and be close to the baby. It's pretty sad that I even felt the need to justify or explain why a woman would do this.

@JJsMom   I really dislike these types of insinuations.  They "lead you to believe" what you want to think, not what is there.  Why not try taking people's comments at their face value rather than reading sinister implications into them that are merely your surmising?  You may be happier for doing so.  I resent when people read into my posts, about Meghan and anyone or anything else, things that aren't there but that the poster merely is "led to believe" is there; probably "led to believe" so  by her own biases, not mine.

My post here might interest you,  @stevieb

As if @Pearlee it isn't equally as 'amusing' that the same people are always touting her, defending her and coming to her rescue, apparently against anyone who simply doesn't embrace her every more... Moreover, they seem not able to accept differences of opinion as being just that. Negative motives are too often attributed... Whatever... Let them have at it, as unfortunate and, frankly, as defensive a posture as it is...

Let me say this, I am not a fan. I make no bones about it nor excuses for it but regardless, I am quite capable of saying that in this instance, since there apparently must always be a comparison between the two women, while I don't find either outfit to be anything stellar, I prefer Markle's attire, appropriate or not, to Kate's. While I don't think she wears it particularly well, her dress is more attractive than is Kate's, which hangs on her like a shroud and seems ill-suited to her. With regard to the ever-present 'gut clutch', yes, it's getting old and I don't particularly care who did it, does or will do it in the future. It's not a look I personally find appealing for her or anyone else, though there are others who have seemed a bit more subtle about it than does she. Folks are free to interpret my opinions however they like, or not...

Smiley Wink

@steviebI soooooo agree with you.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

Just from the videoclip that I saw on the U.K. Daily Mail, there didn’t seem to be any interaction between Kate and Meghan at the reception. Both ladies looked fine though. The shoes I love the most are PM Theresa May’s animal print kitten heel pumps. Try googling her shoes, she has an awesome shoe collection of kitten heel shoes!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Queen Elizabeth: Living long enough seeing her "GC and GGC" especially lovely. My Father (95) excellent health, we are very fortunate. 

The Royal Family Channel: Has a wonderful video capturing live moments of the family together, including Catherine and Meghan. Please, Pay no attention **fake news** poppycock, and always consider the source.

@lmt 

Sincerely, Special Thanks: For everything you share. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Soon enough baby Sussex arrival will end the discussion of hand placement. Personally, Never bothered me. Having experienced two miscarriages and almost loosing the last one touched my tummy a lot, holding my precious baby close mentally and physically awaiting his arrival. Now my baby is forty years old to this day hold him close. Never gets old.

I think its a personal, protective thing. Sad, that people have to critisize her for doing what comes naturally~I'm sure I did the same thing!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West