Honored Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan at Buckingham Palace Reception

Meghan is overdressed for the occasion and out of place. The event was hosted by the Queen and guests should not dress more formally than their host. 

Honored Contributor

royal-bump-4.jpgkate-middleton-cradles-baby-bump-07.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I will never criticize someone for holding their pregnant belly.  How petty.

Not a criticism, but a question: why? I believe you're trying to make an argument over a harmless question. 

Esteemed Contributor

They both look great! not a competition......

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

As one who has allowed her own hair to go gray, I think the colors Teresa May and the Queen are wearing are beautfiul and complement their hair coloring.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

M is very overdressed. Every other woman in the pictures is wearing a plain suit or dress, suitable for a luncheon. Even the queen is wearing just a daytime dress with jacket. M is wearing a very dressy metallic brocade, something more suitable for an after 5 affair. 

She shouldn't try to upstage a queen.  She definitely needs to have people who advise her on what's appropriate for each occasion.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@lmt wrote:

Meghan's wearing her Amanda Wakeley Crombie coat and a brocade dress.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry

Looking like the happiest people in the room. 

Moments like this miss Diana so much. Knowing she's watching over her family helps. Love, Never dies. Forever England's Rose.⚘

Super Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Thanks for posting these lovely photos of Kate also holding her pregnant tummy!  Some folks here just want to find any fault they can with Meghan.  Both of these young women are beautiful, smart and classy and deserve respect.  Who are we to judge the choices of the future King of England and his brother?  I truly believe Diana would of been proud of both of their choices to mother her grandchildren.  The meanness and judgement truly saddens me, as I don't want to believe what the root of it might be coming from.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

They both look pretty. I tend to prefer Meghan's style because it is more modern, but that's personal preference.

I find it amusing the same people always have to chime in about her hand on her pregnant belly. Why this bothers people I will never understand. It's extremely petty and leads me to believe they don't like Meghan for other reasons because they nitpick her to death. I can't wait to hear all their helpful opinions about her fashion and mothering skills once the baby is born.

I used to hold my belly all the time when I was pregnant because I have a small frame like Meghan and having a huge belly threw me off balance. It was just a nice resting place for my hands so they wouldn't swing by my side, and it provided support because my belly felt huge and heavy. It was also a natural maternal instinct for me to want to protect and be close to the baby. It's pretty sad that I even felt the need to justify or explain why a woman would do this.

@JJsMom   I really dislike these types of insinuations.  They "lead you to believe" what you want to think, not what is there.  Why not try taking people's comments at their face value rather than reading sinister implications into them that are merely your surmising?  You may be happier for doing so.  I resent when people read into my posts, about Meghan and anyone or anything else, things that aren't there but that the poster merely is "led to believe" is there; probably "led to believe" so  by her own biases, not mine.

My post here might interest you,  @stevieb

As if @Pearlee it isn't equally as 'amusing' that the same people are always touting her, defending her and coming to her rescue, apparently against anyone who simply doesn't embrace her every more... Moreover, they seem not able to accept differences of opinion as being just that. Negative motives are too often attributed... Whatever... Let them have at it, as unfortunate and, frankly, as defensive a posture as it is...

Let me say this, I am not a fan. I make no bones about it nor excuses for it but regardless, I am quite capable of saying that in this instance, since there apparently must always be a comparison between the two women, while I don't find either outfit to be anything stellar, I prefer Markle's attire, appropriate or not, to Kate's. While I don't think she wears it particularly well, her dress is more attractive than is Kate's, which hangs on her like a shroud and seems ill-suited to her. With regard to the ever-present 'gut clutch', yes, it's getting old and I don't particularly care who did it, does or will do it in the future. It's not a look I personally find appealing for her or anyone else, though there are others who have seemed a bit more subtle about it than does she. Folks are free to interpret my opinions however they like, or not...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@lmt The both look lovely.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!