Respected Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan at Buckingham Palace Reception

Meghan really knocked it out of the park with this dress. It's absolutely beautiful. No word on the designer.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, at a reception to mark the 50th anniversary of the investiture of the Prince of Wales at Buckingham Palace in London. Photo: Dominic Lipinski - WPA Pool/Getty Images

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt 

Thanks for posting.  I never see these photos otherwise!

Baby sure is making herself prominent -- Perhaps more so because Meghan is so small.  It's a joy to see her looking so lovely.  Kate too....I'm sure they get tired of all the events, but they rarely fail to look happy and glowing. 

Not sure I could do it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From Page Six of the NY Post about Markle's outfit:

" Her cream Amanda Wakely coat ($1,190), a bespoke gold floral brocade dress that skimmed over her baby bump, taupe suede Paul Andrew pumps (a similar style retails for $686), her Wilbur & Gussie "Charlie" clutch  ($269) and classic gold bar earrings from Maison Birks ($281)."

I'm surprised I haven't read about the interactions, or lack thereof, between Kate and Meghan during this event, since it's the first time they've been photographed together since Christmas Day going to church.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

They both look pretty. I tend to prefer Meghan's style because it is more modern, but that's personal preference.

I find it amusing the same people always have to chime in about her hand on her pregnant belly. Why this bothers people I will never understand. It's extremely petty and leads me to believe they don't like Meghan for other reasons because they nitpick her to death. I can't wait to hear all their helpful opinions about her fashion and mothering skills once the baby is born.

I used to hold my belly all the time when I was pregnant because I have a small frame like Meghan and having a huge belly threw me off balance. It was just a nice resting place for my hands so they wouldn't swing by my side, and it provided support because my belly felt huge and heavy. It was also a natural maternal instinct for me to want to protect and be close to the baby. It's pretty sad that I even felt the need to justify or explain why a woman would do this.

100% Agree

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

They both look pretty. I tend to prefer Meghan's style because it is more modern, but that's personal preference.

I find it amusing the same people always have to chime in about her hand on her pregnant belly. Why this bothers people I will never understand. It's extremely petty and leads me to believe they don't like Meghan for other reasons because they nitpick her to death. I can't wait to hear all their helpful opinions about her fashion and mothering skills once the baby is born.

I used to hold my belly all the time when I was pregnant because I have a small frame like Meghan and having a huge belly threw me off balance. It was just a nice resting place for my hands so they wouldn't swing by my side, and it provided support because my belly felt huge and heavy. It was also a natural maternal instinct for me to want to protect and be close to the baby. It's pretty sad that I even felt the need to justify or explain why a woman would do this.

@JJsMom   I really dislike these types of insinuations.  They "lead you to believe" what you want to think, not what is there.  Why not try taking people's comments at their face value rather than reading sinister implications into them that are merely your surmising?  You may be happier for doing so.  I resent when people read into my posts, about Meghan and anyone or anything else, things that aren't there but that the poster merely is "led to believe" is there; probably "led to believe" so  by her own biases, not mine.

My post here might interest you,  @stevieb

Respected Contributor

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, at a reception to mark the 50th anniversary of the investiture of the Prince of Wales at Buckingham Palace in London. Photo: Dominic Lipinski - WPA Pool/Getty Images

Do I spy pantyhose? 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I think Meghan wears hose frequently, especially to these types of events.

The sheen and the color are perfect!

Honored Contributor

Not crazy about Kate's dress but love Meghan's. Thanks for posting these pics.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

kate-middleton-a.jpgroyal-bump-3.jpgroyal-bump-5.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"