Respected Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan at Buckingham Palace Reception

That dress is too young for Kate - she looks like a schoolgirl.

Meghan's shoes are perfect - match the gold in the dress.  And nude shoes go with anything and everything.

I didn't even recognize Princess Anne.

Calling Queen Elizabeth "Liz?"  Very disrespectful.  

Honored Contributor

The only way I'd compare Kate to a schoolgirl look is if we are using one of the Kardashians as the gold standard.  LOL!!!  I think Kate looks great. And as a member of the royal family, I see it as a nod to tradition.

I noticed on one photo there is a black-tie event going on as well as this reception, so maybe Harry and Meg were at the other event as well.  They are out of step with dress for this crowd we see in these photos. 

Honored Contributor

I think they look fantastic.  

I have never in my life heard The Queen referred to as "Liz".

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I will never criticize someone for holding their pregnant belly.  How petty.

Pretty soon she won't be pregnant anymore.  I'm sure people will find something else to criticize about her. 

#Guaranteed.

Honored Contributor

Riveting ceremony?  I wonder what was riveting about it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Somertime wrote:

They both look lovely!  I will probably get my head handed to me for this but I am soooooooo tired of pictures with Meghan's hand on her belly.  We know she's pregnant!  Never did I place my hand on my belly, especially in public when I was pregnant and I was in my 30's as well.  As proud as I was to be carrying a child, it would never occur to me.  Her outfit is one of the nicest I have seen on her.  The coat is lovely over the brocade dress.  Very pretty outfit.  Of course, to me Kate is, always, perfection!

I feel the same way. Why is that?

@Judaline  We can guess.  Completely agree @Somertime

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Funny I just watched an episode ot Love it or list and the young woman was pregnant and kept putting her hand on her belly. So what? 

Honored Contributor

They both look lovely.  Meghan's outfit is stunning.  Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

That dress is too young for Kate - she looks like a schoolgirl.

Meghan's shoes are perfect - match the gold in the dress.  And nude shoes go with anything and everything.

I didn't even recognize Princess Anne.

Calling Queen Elizabeth "Liz?"  Very disrespectful.  

People refer to other famous people, in all walks of life, by their first names all the time.  Most importantly, she is not our Queen.  No respect required for foreign heads of state, she's a figure head, and not even ours.
Respected Contributor

They both look pretty. I tend to prefer Meghan's style because it is more modern, but that's personal preference.

I find it amusing the same people always have to chime in about her hand on her pregnant belly. Why this bothers people I will never understand. It's extremely petty and leads me to believe they don't like Meghan for other reasons because they nitpick her to death. I can't wait to hear all their helpful opinions about her fashion and mothering skills once the baby is born.

I used to hold my belly all the time when I was pregnant because I have a small frame like Meghan and having a huge belly threw me off balance. It was just a nice resting place for my hands so they wouldn't swing by my side, and it provided support because my belly felt huge and heavy. It was also a natural maternal instinct for me to want to protect and be close to the baby. It's pretty sad that I even felt the need to justify or explain why a woman would do this.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu