Honored Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan at Buckingham Palace Reception

Nice picture of Anne with Meghan.  Anne must have told a funny story.

Esteemed Contributor

They all looked beautiful,Meghan just glows in every photo. And I admire Charles' work on behalf of the environment and the wildlife causes he champions.  It's most important to me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

The necklace that Theresa May is wearing reminded me of Louis Dell'Olio's J361088 necklace.  Woman Wink

@lmt wrote:

Honored Contributor

While I like the color of Kate's dress, I do not care for the style. I think Meghan looks great and she is absolutely glowing!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I will never criticize someone for holding their pregnant belly.  How petty.

Pretty soon she won't be pregnant anymore.  I'm sure people will find something else to criticize about her. 

@Bri369   Is it fair to call it a criticism or was this comment and many others like it an observation?  The statement isn't false and doesn't comment on her as a person.  I think saying someone is criticizing is unfair if it is simply stated as an observation--and an accurate one. 

I find that and the hand holding and hanging on to husband odd for grown up women to do so often as we see in pictures.  Observation.

I think the Queen and PM are having a giggle because they are wearing the same color.  That's a cute photo. 

In some pictures Meghan's shoes match well because the dress has gold in it.  It is a much dressier look than anyone else is wearing.  BEAUTIFUL dress among a lot of ordinary day dresses.

@Sooner   i noticed that there seemed to be many women in suits, wools, tweeds.  i wondered what the dress suggested was because the brocade dress, while gorgeous, seemed a bit overdone.  maybe that's why she wore the coat and nude pumps - to dress it down a bit.  

Respected Contributor

I think the Duchess of Sussex's dress is gorgeous.  Compared to the rest of the royal ladies and the guests, it does seem too dressy.  Most of the ladies are wearing suits or dresses with jackets.  Brocade is a dressy fabric.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

While I like the color of Kate's dress, I do not care for the style. I think Meghan looks great and she is absolutely glowing!

@CANDLEQUEEN   I have to agree!  I love Meghan's outfit but Kate's is rather boring and matronly looking to me....good color though.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   I have to agree!  I love Meghan's outfit but Kate's is rather boring and matronly looking to me....good color though.

I don't like when Kate wears this style dress either.  Too prissy.  Lately she has been looking especially fashionable, but on occasion she goes back to this look.  I love Meghan's outfit at this event.  I don't think it is too dressy for the occasion.

Honored Contributor

They book lovely, as usual.  Kate's dress is just like an Easter dress that I had when I was 12 or 13.  Almost identical but my dress was a powder blue.  Very pretty.  I love Meghan's ensemble.  That dress with the white coat is stunning.  

Honored Contributor

@lmt -

Yes thank you for these great pictures!

I've got to say, I love Kate's dress. It reminds me of certain decades of years ago even some of the stitching during the revolutionary war periods, which was beautfiul. Of course I have a hard time being objective about Kate. I think she always looks wonderful.

I think this is the best picture of Meghan and Harry-View image on Twitter

and yes though, kate and others have held their hand over the baby, I've never seen it so much as she does.Almost like it has a definite purpose. 

You know, now that I think of it-I wonder if she feels like the camera flashed will bother the baby! Now that would be understandable if she feels that way. I just thought of this. I never would have though, just wondering about it myself.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"