Honored Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan at Buckingham Palace Reception

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Somertime wrote:

They both look lovely!  I will probably get my head handed to me for this but I am soooooooo tired of pictures with Meghan's hand on her belly.  We know she's pregnant!  Never did I place my hand on my belly, especially in public when I was pregnant and I was in my 30's as well.  As proud as I was to be carrying a child, it would never occur to me.  Her outfit is one of the nicest I have seen on her.  The coat is lovely over the brocade dress.  Very pretty outfit.  Of course, to me Kate is, always, perfection!

@Somertime 

She has taken flack for that hand always on the belly thing in the English press over the past couple of months. I just read that somewhere recently. Can't remember if it was on-line or in a magazine, but somewhere.

Maybe that's why she keeps doing it. As a you know what to those people. If that was the case I wouldn't blame her at all. 

If you Google you can find pictures of Kate doing the same thing during her pregnancies.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

They both look lovely!  I will probably get my head handed to me for this but I am soooooooo tired of pictures with Meghan's hand on her belly.  We know she's pregnant!  Never did I place my hand on my belly, especially in public when I was pregnant and I was in my 30's as well.  As proud as I was to be carrying a child, it would never occur to me.  Her outfit is one of the nicest I have seen on her.  The coat is lovely over the brocade dress.  Very pretty outfit.  Of course, to me Kate is, always, perfection!

I feel the same way. Why is that?

Honored Contributor

Soon enough baby Sussex arrival will end the discussion of hand placement. Personally, Never bothered me. Having experienced two miscarriages and almost loosing the last one touched my tummy a lot, holding my precious baby close mentally and physically awaiting his arrival. Now my baby is forty years old to this day hold him close. Never gets old.

Honored Contributor

This AM watching I love Lucy and they are in Great Britain. She and Ethei are learning to curtesy for the Queen. Amazing how many years that woman (Elizabeth) has been queen.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much @lmt for posting these pictures.

They all are lovely and look happy. 

Honored Contributor

I will never criticize someone for holding their pregnant belly.  How petty.

Pretty soon she won't be pregnant anymore.  I'm sure people will find something else to criticize about her. 

Honored Contributor

I dont care for the hand-on-belly either.  I think it's because it draws attention, intentional or not, and such is not the royal way.  In their behavior, royals are mostly understated, not showy. 

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Meghan's wearing her Amanda Wakeley Crombie coat and a brocade dress.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry

Looking like the happiest people in the room.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I will never criticize someone for holding their pregnant belly.  How petty.

Pretty soon she won't be pregnant anymore.  I'm sure people will find something else to criticize about her. 

@Bri369   Is it fair to call it a criticism or was this comment and many others like it an observation?  The statement isn't false and doesn't comment on her as a person.  I think saying someone is criticizing is unfair if it is simply stated as an observation--and an accurate one. 

I find that and the hand holding and hanging on to husband odd for grown up women to do so often as we see in pictures.  Observation.

I think the Queen and PM are having a giggle because they are wearing the same color.  That's a cute photo. 

In some pictures Meghan's shoes match well because the dress has gold in it.  It is a much dressier look than anyone else is wearing.  BEAUTIFUL dress among a lot of ordinary day dresses.