Respected Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan at Armistice Day Service

Senior royals were present for a remembrance service at Westminster Abbey this evening for Armistice Day.

Queen Elizabeth, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made their way into Westminster Abbey shortly after 6pm following a day of tributes and services across Britain.

The service honors the countless soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

The Queen Attends A Service At Westminster Abbey Marking The Centenary Of WW1 Armistice

The Queen Attends A Service At Westminster Abbey Marking The Centenary Of WW1 Armistice

The Queen and Senior members of the Royal Family attend an Armistice Service at Westminster Abbey. Charles and Camilla make their way into the Abbey together following a day of tributes across Great Britain

During a service this morning, the Queen, 92, had asked Prince Charles to once again take on her duties as she observed the service from a nearby balcony alongside the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Cornwall

The Queen is joined by senior royals for a Westminster Abbey service of remembrance to round off emotional day marking 100th anniversary of Armistice

The Queen, Prince Charles and Camilla take their place in the service led by Dean of Westminster John Hall for a service of remembrance honouring the countless soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country

The young royals leave Westminster Abbey before 1,200 beacons were lit across the country to mark the end of the battle on the Western Front

Honored Contributor

@lmt Please don't think that I was commenting on you posting the pictures here. I wasn't at all.

I love Kate's green coat, I don't think it's a new one. She looks great in green. I wonder if the Queen and Camilla texted each other about wearing purple lol.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Frequent Contributor

It's a tradition based on the poem In Flanders Fields.  It was always a tradition here to wear them on Memorial Day, which recognizes those who died in this country.  The VFW still sells them - actually for a donation - outside supermarkets - toward the end of May.  The poem begins "In Flanders Fields the poppies blow, between the crosses, row on row".  It's about a military cemetery from WW1.

Super Contributor

KATE IS BEAUTIFUL, MEGHAN'S ALWAYS GOT THAT SMIRK, OR FAKE SMILE ON HER FACE.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Everyone looks wonderful.  The Queen does not look too happy.

@Katcat1  Probably because she remembers being at the signing ending the war!  Smiley Happy

The photo shows how Kate has aged IMO.  She has aged well and is very pretty, but has definitely aged (see esp. around her eyes).  We had a different recent discussion about this on another thread - I'm just saying the close-up photo really points it out.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
@lmtPlease don't think that I was commenting on you posting the pictures here. I wasn't at all.

I love Kate's green coat, I don't think it's a new one. She looks great in green. I wonder if the Queen and Camilla texted each other about wearing purple lol.

@Greeneyedlady21  Thanks. I wasn't sure how to read your previous comment. I can totally understand how someone would think it was wrong to discuss fashion on such a somber occasion. I get it. I really did think twice about posting anything, but....well, I just love to see all the pretty clothes. Again, thank you for posting!!

Kate is wearing Catherine Walker. And yes, you're correct. Kate has worn the coat before. What threw me off though is that in today's picture, it looks like the velvet trim around the collar and cuffs is green velvet. When she previously wore the coat, it appears to be trimmed in black velvet. It must be the angle and flash photography. Either way, it looks good on her.

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Attend The Irish Guards St Patrick's Day Parade

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I think some women age when they have children.  However, I would think she has a nanny looking after all three so no excuse.  That is why beauty products cannot perform miracles.  You have to take to the knife to try and get back that youthful look.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Pearlee  I think some women age when they have children.  However, I would think she has a nanny looking after all three so no excuse.  That is why beauty products cannot perform miracles.  You have to take to the knife to try and get back that youthful look.

@Katcat1  I sure hope she never does that, but continues to age gracefully and naturally.   I meant to critcism about the wrinkles.  I'd rather she age with her natural beauty kept naturally.  I refer you to The Joker photo of Meg Ryan on the "engaged to Mellencamp" thread!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lmt Sorry for that, I should have made it clear from the beginning that I wasn't in any way intending to be critical of you for posting the photos. I love looking at the clothes too. It's somber but they still look their best.

Thanks for the picture of the green coat, I always love it with that shamrock pin. I believe that belongs to the Queen.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  The statement I made is just a matter of fact.  Meaning beauty products cannot perform miracles and if women want to turn back the hands of time, they would resort to surgery.  None of which I am a fan.

kindness is strength