Honored Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan at Armistice Day Service

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

People find fault with everything. So they hold hands, big deal! With everything wrong in the world today you would think people would find it refreshing that a couple holds hands. Just don't get the cynicism. 

I'm cynical.  I think it's a publicity thing pure and simple.  They are grownups.  

@Sooner  For me the issue is not people holding hands, but the royal couples, when they are pictured, are working.  This is work for them to go out dressed up and meet people.  That is all the work they do and when they are working it is supposed to be for the greater good, not to make goo-goo eyes at each other and look as if they cannot wait to jump in bed together.  Their job is to focus on the people, not one another.  It looks like two kids in junior high holding hands in the halls between classes and it is not cute, it is not loving...it is silly.  They need to do their jobs.  Do you think if my husband and I worked togehter, we could walk around holding hands all day?

They're NEWLYWEDS! I see nothing wrong with the way that they look at each other, I see love in their eyes not lust!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

People find fault with everything. So they hold hands, big deal! With everything wrong in the world today you would think people would find it refreshing that a couple holds hands. Just don't get the cynicism. 

I'm cynical.  I think it's a publicity thing pure and simple.  They are grownups.  

I often see senior couples walking and holding hands where I live. I always smile when I see this.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Everyone looks wonderful.  The Queen does not look too happy.

@Katcat1  Probably because she remembers being at the signing ending the war!  Smiley Happy

The photo shows how Kate has aged IMO.  She has aged well and is very pretty, but has definitely aged (see esp. around her eyes).  We had a different recent discussion about this on another thread - I'm just saying the close-up photo really points it out.

She is just 36, not that old. She should

just use a little less eye shadow or a lighter color. That darker color is kinda severe.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

I love the way Kate is wearing her hair ......

Image result for kate armistice day

Image result for kate in green catherine walker armistice day

Image result for kate in green catherine walker armistice day

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@50Mickey  It's not just cynicism.  It's a comment.  It's a comment on a topic up for discussion.  It's what I think.  I think at this point it is overdone and looks silly for two grownups to be hanging onto one another at every moment.  So that's what I think.  It's not finding fault its having an opinion.  Is an opinion on the forbidden list?

Super Contributor

Your neighbors aren't in the limelight or part of a ruling family are they? I agree 110% with the OP, they are at work, representing a Country. It is not about them! Also, your neighbors hand holding is geniune I am sure, and they isn't social media following them I bet.

Contributor

I agree with you on Kate Middleton.  She is the most impeccably dressed woman I have ever seen.  Everything this woman wears is fitted to a tee and her accessories add to her outfits beautifully.  Never over-the-top but just enough.  I've never seen her look not "put together" while in public.  She dresses so classy.  Something we are in dire need of in today's world.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@50Mickey  It's not just cynicism.  It's a comment.  It's a comment on a topic up for discussion.  It's what I think.  I think at this point it is overdone and looks silly for two grownups to be hanging onto one another at every moment.  So that's what I think.  It's not finding fault its having an opinion.  Is an opinion on the forbidden list?

@Sooner- You have every right to post your opinion.  I don't understand why some get their feathers ruffled when another poster has a different opinion. 

You said it well - "It's a comment on a topic up for discussion".   No one should get blasted for stating an opinion.

Respected Contributor

To those who think Duchess Kate has aged, well, what about her husband the Prince?

IMO, time has been much more flattering for her.

Photo credit: Anwar Hussein Collection/ROTA - Getty Images

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

To those who think Duchess Kate has aged, well, what about her husband the Prince?

IMO, time has been much more flattering for her.

Photo credit: Anwar Hussein Collection/ROTA - Getty Images

@lulu1  Well, since this thread was about Kate and Meghan, I didn't think to discuss him - I didn't think it wasn't relevant.