Honored Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan at Armistice Day Service

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

Everyone looks wonderful.  The Queen does not look too happy.

@Katcat1  Probably because she remembers being at the signing ending the war!  Smiley Happy

The photo shows how Kate has aged IMO.  She has aged well and is very pretty, but has definitely aged (see esp. around her eyes).  We had a different recent discussion about this on another thread - I'm just saying the close-up photo really points it out.

since she has an infant at home, i think it is quite likely some days she is up in the middle of the night as i understand she is quite the hands-on mother.  this wreaks havoc on one's face - until rest restored.  have mercy.

You know why she has aged?  She is older.  Also, she doesn't dress to look like a 20 year old.  I think she is an intelligent woman with style and grace, and it shows!  To me, she is an excellent role model for young women.  Someone who has a role to play in life and wants to do it well and make a contribution to others.  

I wish we had more females comfortable with being middle aged and not worried about looking "young" but worried about what they have to give.   And yes, your 40s 50s an early 60s are middle aged.   Middle age seems to have gotten lost somewhere. 

@Sooner  Of course I know why she has aged; she is older.  D'uh.

Nevertheless, I commented about it.  

@Pearlee  Sorry because I had no intention of criticizing you about that.  I'm just saying that people do age.  So many post here like people shouldn't age, or that it's a bad thing.  It's simple that we all do.

I apologize if you were offended.  It wasn't my intent. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  Thanks very much.  Another case where the written word didn't come across as intended (or how it would have been said orally).  I appreciate your clarification. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

Her Majesty stood with thousands at the Cenotaph in central London to remember those who gave their lives for the country.

The event marks 100 years since the signing of the treaty which ended the battle on the Western Front of the First World War at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918.

The Queen, The Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Cornwall paid their respects to the fallen soldiers

Prince Charles laid a wreath at the Cenotaph on behalf of his mother for the second year in a row, as Princes Harry and William also honoured the fallen while in full military uniform.

Prince Charles laid a wreath at the London cenotaph this morning

Prince William and Harry laid wreaths at the Cenotaph in full military uniform

The Duchess of Cambridge joined the Queen on a balcony to pay tribute to the war dead

The Duchess of Sussex watched on as the tributes were laid this morning

Kate looks old, and Meghan looks bored. Is Camilla's hat big enough? LOL!!!

@manhattan1950  Hey, you just joined the chronically cynical, critical, condemning, complaining club.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@colover wrote:

I agree with the blush comment re Meghan. Very noticeable. IMO so please no bashing, i have a hard time believing Meghan fits in and those probably are not the best words to us. Kate is a true Brit. Meghan married one and can't possibly have the emotional connection to the country as kate does. The same goes for harry. I'm sure he doesn't have the emotional connection to the USA like most of us. I can't understand why some almost cheer that Meghan markle is now a Royal and she is going to change up the "stuffy" traditional Royal family to a modern one. It's tradition. It's not her job or say so to change it up. I wonder who people think she is???? Oh, she's an actress, former actress. Oops, I forgot!

What. in havens name has Meghan Markle done to cause such nasty comments? She and Harry appear to be in love and are expeting their first child. Meghan doesn't need to take advice from QVC shoppers on her makeup and attire. From everything that I have read about The Duchess she gets along very well with Prince Charles, Camilla, and the Queen. I am sure that his family is thrilled that Harry has found someone who makes him happy. I still just can't understand why some people disllike her so much. It's a mystery to me.

I agree with the first paragraph that Kate is a true Brit and it would be rather difficult for someone to step in and appreciate and understand the traditions.  I do think she had on too much blush, and I do think the hand holding thing is getting to the point of being silly.

I also think maybe a few dislike her and some are simply jealous of anyone with a lot of money or in the public eye, and so it goes.  I think most people here are simply giving opinions about someone in the public eye, and those opinions come with the territority.

If you don't want people talking about you, don't be on tv and don't be in the news.  You can't have it both ways.  

@Sooner

Uh oh.  DH and I are still holding hands after 46 years of marriage - in public, yet! 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@colover wrote:

I agree with the blush comment re Meghan. Very noticeable. IMO so please no bashing, i have a hard time believing Meghan fits in and those probably are not the best words to us. Kate is a true Brit. Meghan married one and can't possibly have the emotional connection to the country as kate does. The same goes for harry. I'm sure he doesn't have the emotional connection to the USA like most of us. I can't understand why some almost cheer that Meghan markle is now a Royal and she is going to change up the "stuffy" traditional Royal family to a modern one. It's tradition. It's not her job or say so to change it up. I wonder who people think she is???? Oh, she's an actress, former actress. Oops, I forgot!

What. in havens name has Meghan Markle done to cause such nasty comments? She and Harry appear to be in love and are expeting their first child. Meghan doesn't need to take advice from QVC shoppers on her makeup and attire. From everything that I have read about The Duchess she gets along very well with Prince Charles, Camilla, and the Queen. I am sure that his family is thrilled that Harry has found someone who makes him happy. I still just can't understand why some people disllike her so much. It's a mystery to me.

I agree with the first paragraph that Kate is a true Brit and it would be rather difficult for someone to step in and appreciate and understand the traditions.  I do think she had on too much blush, and I do think the hand holding thing is getting to the point of being silly.

I also think maybe a few dislike her and some are simply jealous of anyone with a lot of money or in the public eye, and so it goes.  I think most people here are simply giving opinions about someone in the public eye, and those opinions come with the territority.

If you don't want people talking about you, don't be on tv and don't be in the news.  You can't have it both ways.  

@Sooner

Uh oh.  DH and I are still holding hands after 46 years of marriage - in public, yet! 

@shoesnbags  Well, if you are in every magazine I pick up and are a Duke and Dutchess, I'm gonna be saying stop acting like teenagers to you!!!!!!   Woman Indifferent  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

People find fault with everything. So they hold hands, big deal! With everything wrong in the world today you would think people would find it refreshing that a couple holds hands. Just don't get the cynicism. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

People find fault with everything. So they hold hands, big deal! With everything wrong in the world today you would think people would find it refreshing that a couple holds hands. Just don't get the cynicism. 

I'm cynical.  I think it's a publicity thing pure and simple.  They are grownups.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

I'm cynical.  I think it's a publicity thing pure and simple.  They are grownups.  

@Sooner  I think you and hub deserve some publicity for still speaking to each other, let alone holding hands in public, after 45 years of marriage!   LOL Smiley Happy

My neighbors who have been married around as long as you have still - weather permitting- take walks in the evening while holding hands. I always think that's so sweet of them.

Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

Her Majesty stood with thousands at the Cenotaph in central London to remember those who gave their lives for the country.

The event marks 100 years since the signing of the treaty which ended the battle on the Western Front of the First World War at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918.

The Queen, The Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Cornwall paid their respects to the fallen soldiers

Prince Charles laid a wreath at the Cenotaph on behalf of his mother for the second year in a row, as Princes Harry and William also honoured the fallen while in full military uniform.

Prince Charles laid a wreath at the London cenotaph this morning

Prince William and Harry laid wreaths at the Cenotaph in full military uniform

The Duchess of Cambridge joined the Queen on a balcony to pay tribute to the war dead

The Duchess of Sussex watched on as the tributes were laid this morning

Kate looks old, and Meghan looks bored. Is Camilla's hat big enough? LOL!!!

@manhattan1950  Hey, you just joined the chronically cynical, critical, condemning, complaining club.

HEY - Smiley IndifferentSmiley IndifferentSmiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@Sooner  For me the issue is not people holding hands, but the royal couples, when they are pictured, are working.  This is work for them to go out dressed up and meet people.  That is all the work they do and when they are working it is supposed to be for the greater good, not to make goo-goo eyes at each other and look as if they cannot wait to jump in bed together.  Their job is to focus on the people, not one another.  It looks like two kids in junior high holding hands in the halls between classes and it is not cute, it is not loving...it is silly.  They need to do their jobs.  Do you think if my husband and I worked togehter, we could walk around holding hands all day?