Respected Contributor

Kate and Meghan arriving at Charles' Birthday Bash

[ Edited ]

The royal family is ready to party!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrived at Prince Charles' 70th birthday celebration at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday in style.

Will and Kate made a glamorous entrance to the bash, which is being hosted by the Queen. Kate was spotted wearing a one-shoulder ruffled pink gown with a show-stopping updo, which showed off glittering diamond drop earrings.

William at the wheel! The Duke of Cambridge drove himself and his wife to the glittering party at Buckingham Palace 

Image result for kate arriving for charles birthday

Kate, who was wearing a pink evening gown sported drop earrings featuring a pear shaped central stone surrounded by diamonds, which she previously wore to the BAFTAs in 2017 and the 100 Women in Hedge Funds dinner in 2011. 

She previously wore the statement pear-shaped diamond drops to the BAFTA Awards in 2017

They've never been identified as belonging to a particular brand, but they're thought to be part of the Duchess' own collection, rather than a loan from the Queen. 

Kate, who was wearing a pink evening gown sported drop earrings featuring a pear shaped central stone surrounded by diamonds to Charles' 70th birthday party 

Meghan and Harry pulled up to the palace in a separate car. The Duchess of Sussex also sported a classic updo and diamond drop earrings that she previously wore in Fiji during the couple’s royal tour last month. Kensington Palace confirmed they are 'borrowed'.

In the driving seat! Pregnant Meghan arrived alongside Prince Harry who looked dapper in a tux as he arrived at Buckingham Palace for his father's birthday bash 

Meghan was equally sparkling in 'borrowed' diamond drop earrings, recently seen at an official reception in Fiji during the royal tour, although Kensington Palace have not revealed the original source 

Something borrowed! Meghan's earrings may have originally belonged to the Queen,  but Kensington Palace has refused to confirm 

Ahead of Charles’ milestone birthday, the palace released two new family portraits. In the new photos, 7-month-old Louis, who was born April 23, is held by his mom, the Duchess of Cambridge, as 5-year-old George sits on his grandpa Charles’s knee. Meanwhile, 3-year-old Princess Charlotte, and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall appear to focus on something behind photographer Chris Jackson’s camera.

Kate’s dress is an Alessandra Richards piece. Made in a silk crêpe de chine, it features a pleated skirt, contrasting spread collar, and contrasting cuffs

Kate is wearing her go-to diamond and sapphire earrings in the photos, made from a pair of Diana’s earrings.

Meghan wore a simple and elegant shift dress from Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy. The white dress is a sheath style with a black contrast bateau neckline.

The Duchess is also wearing her Givenchy belt, previously seen at Royal Acot back in June.

Valued Contributor

Re: Kate and Meghan arriving at Charles' Birthday Bash

Both women look beautiful...very classy looking with their gorgeous updos and jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

Both women look beautiful...very classy looking with their gorgeous updos and jewelry.

Kate and Meghan look lovely...and George is getting big! The baby too..! Charlotte will have 2 brothers to watch over her..! She's a doll! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kate is absolutely magnificent and wears the most gorgeous and simply elegant clothes. She is the epitome of class! The navy blue Alessandra Richards dress is divine......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For all those that have posted about Kates wrinkles, where are they? There is nothing  on her face ,but beauty

Esteemed Contributor

Wowza....just beautiful.  The earrings on both young woman are stunning.  Not sure how their ears can hold them up!

Just wondering if they ever get tired of getting dressed up and going out.

Do they ever just think, "I'd rather stay home in my jammies tonight?"  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

Wowza....just beautiful.  The earrings on both young woman are stunning.  Not sure how their ears can hold them up!

Just wondering if they ever get tired of getting dressed up and going out.

Do they ever just think, "I'd rather stay home in my jammies tonight?"  Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman  LOL  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@lmt-

I love looking at these pictures,esp of Kate and the children.

I think Kate is so beautiful with such an interesting face and always is so elegant.

Meghan is pretty too but I wonder if she has a practiced smile. She may have learned that from her acting career so it comes naturally for her to do that.

I've only ever seen about 2 or 3 pictures where she wasn't smiling. In the family photo she looks tired, like all pregnant moms usually do!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

Do these people work ?  All they seem to do is PARTY . What a dull life  . 

Esteemed Contributor

Kate and Meghan look lovely! The grandkids look so cute in those new family photos.