Respected Contributor

Re: Kate and Mallory TTV on Evine

Not a fan.

I generally don't like things that are printed just in the back.  It looks weird to me.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Tuned in this morning and saw an encore presentation.  Not digging this top at all. 

728-778- Kate & Mallory® Mixed Media 3/4 Sleeve Lace Detailed Shirttail Hem Top

Looks like a sewing-class mistake.Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

I suppose when you start with a good foundation; pretty face/great body, you can make even 'cheap' clothing look terrific...

I'm just lucky that way I guess

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

just plain ugly and it looks cheap. I have purchased a few apparel items from Evine which were keepers but for the most part I think their clothes look cheaply made. Just my opinion   

@Goodie2shoes

Well they're not (cheaply made)

Just a fact.

I actually liked the cowl neck version of the TTV

728-889-  Kate & Mallory® Knit & Woven Sleeveless Asymmetrical Cowl Neck Tunic

728-889-  Kate & Mallory® Knit & Woven Sleeveless Asymmetrical Cowl Neck Tunic

Comes in gray and olive 728-889

Cute!

Did you guys see the 'try me' item for today? free s & h

Unfortunately it's only left in 2 colors: Blue and red 713-897

713-897- Kate & Mallory® Elbow-Length Dolman Sleeved Fringed Hem Pullover Sweater

I did see this and almost ordered it, however I ordered two tops last week.  I guess this try me thing is new?  It's a great idea.  I think they discontinued whats for launch.  At least I did not see it yesterday.  I also like the TSV I may get that, its only left in two colors but I really like it.  I love the back.  I am purchasing most of my fall/winter tops from Evine. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo, I'm not sure I'd say that's a cowl neck version of the TTV.  The cowl neck is cute.  It has the cross-over detail in the front that the TTV doesn't have and the back isn't nearly as long as the TTV is and the material is totally different.  The front, the cowl neck and the upper back all tie in together.  The TTV is 3 different types of fabric. 

I was interested in the Try Me until I read the reviews.  Some are saying the material is terrible. Scratchy and itchy. Feels like a burlap sack.  Some are saying it ran extremely small and that it's much longer looking on the air than when it arrived.  Someone said it came just below her waist.  I'm not taking the chance of a return so I passed.

It's 100% acrylic which is hit or miss for me.  I have some all acrylic sweaters I love and some that pilled if you looked at them wrong and were so staticy, I could never wear them. 

Respected Contributor

Wayyyy to much hem difference!

I have not bought very much from that line - maybe a couple maxi cardigans and a couple pairs of leggings. Sometimes - they just have some strange things or strange patterns. Do not really follow that line. I did like their leggings I got though - stretchy and good thickness. The cardigans were on the thinner side, but fine - I wear a solid tank under them anyhow.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Andreatoo, I'm not sure I'd say that's a cowl neck version of the TTV.  The cowl neck is cute.  It has the cross-over detail in the front that the TTV doesn't have and the back isn't nearly as long as the TTV is and the material is totally different.  The front, the cowl neck and the upper back all tie in together.  The TTV is 3 different types of fabric. 

I was interested in the Try Me until I read the reviews.  Some are saying the material is terrible. Scratchy and itchy. Feels like a burlap sack.  Some are saying it ran extremely small and that it's much longer looking on the air than when it arrived.  Someone said it came just below her waist.  I'm not taking the chance of a return so I passed.

It's 100% acrylic which is hit or miss for me.  I have some all acrylic sweaters I love and some that pilled if you looked at them wrong and were so staticy, I could never wear them. 

@Lipstickdiva

It's similar! solid front/print back...I took liberties!

As for the try me I only have one acrylic piece and it's soft and fluffy but if the reviews are bad on this one than never mind...

BTW the leggings that came regular or bootcut have been replenished and are still $19.10! I remember you liked them too. I have the green bootcut and I'm considering the black bootcut...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have a few pieces from Evine's Indigo Thread line.  They're very nice, IMO.

I might buy more from Evine, but their lack of measurements stops me. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a couple pieces I really like and some not so much.  Last night I ordered a faux suede top with cut-outs and 2 pairs of bootcut leggings.  These are not investment pieces so I don't ever expect much and choose very carefully.  Usually wait for reviews before buying and I stick to basic colors.  Not into prints too much.  The TTV is personally not my taste, but to each their own.  

Honored Contributor

@bri20

I just received 3 new Indigo pieces

727-521- Indigo Thread Co.™ Dip-Dyed Woven Sleeveless Split Back Hi-Lo Cut-out Top

722-867- Indigo Thread Co.™ Woven Denim Five-Pocket Cuffed Slim Leg Capri Pants

729-366- Indigo Thread Co.™ Woven Gauze 3/4 Sleeved Button Front Smocked Hi-Lo Top

Tops run generously; bottoms not so much!

I think the bottom fit may be more conducive to those with narrow hips.