Respected Contributor

Re: Kate and Mallory Cape today

@rsimon9228 wrote:

Hah!   Back in the 80's - I bought a long navy Nurse's Cape from an Army/Navy surplus store.  I loved that cape.. Wish I still had it.  It was really warm!

A nurse's cape is a decent length.  The one on EVINE looks short on everyone.

Honored Contributor

I watched some of their shows this morning too.  I saw some really nice items I would not have minded having.  They also had a really cute, stylish faux leather jacket, great colors, for only $34.00.  ANd if you bought two of them, $10 off the 3nd one AND free s/h!!!!!!

Otherwise s/h all day at only $2.99!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I saw that "Cape" I thought it was really cute...I just don't look good in capes, I am too short.  I say "Go for it"!  The price is right that is for sure.

Valued Contributor

Why too short?  I am 5 ft 1.5 inches on a good day!!

Honored Contributor

Back in the '70s I made myself a similar cape except it had beautiful buttons.  I found I seldom wore it because it was very confining.  You have little use of your arms and impossible to use a shoulder bag.  No, I don't want my handbag under tthe cape.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Just for me... I am 5' 2" and I just feel when I try on a cape it make me look shorter?  I am a Blazer or Leather Jacket girl...It is what I am or feel comfortable in...That's all...I love how some people look in them...My Mother,  had 2 Capes and when she would wear them she looked elegant and just so put together. 

Honored Contributor

I thought it was really cute.  I didn't purchase it, but I liked many of the colors--the deep reddish one, the purple, the black, etc.  I have 2 capes from Adrienne Landau.  I just have no need for more capes.  It was nice though!  The price was good, and it looked well made.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered it in navy.

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

They have a TTV cape today that I am really tempted to buy. Anyone buying?

@Sunnycorle-I missed it! Looks nice, I would have bought the navy, but I'm done purchasing for Fall apparel. Really happy with all my new goodies.  So I'm glad the cape offer expired-no temptation... I love my Joan Rivers houndstooth cape purchased at Q several years ago-it's a classic that I've worn every season. You have the JR one too, right?

I might still pick up some tops-waiting to see if my waitlist for the knit long sleeved Halston top in that gorgeous orchid color is fulfilled. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle @MaggieMack-please post a review. Evine has good clearance sales, so if this cape is a winner, I might try to get the olive or navy on clearance Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri