Trusted Contributor
I love all my kate spade bags and agree mine are excellent quality. I am wondering about the Gold Coast bags in black but the word shimmer scares me. Does anyone own? I've located some reviews that say the shimmer isn't noticeable. Tia
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you! I love her jewelry and picked up two pieces at a great price.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor
On 11/25/2014 Danielle46 said:
On 11/25/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

The last two handbags I purchased from Kate Spade the stitching came undone and the leather didn't wear well. Within just a month or two this happened.

I was a regular customer in their brick and mortar store (not the outlet) and both handbags were terrible quality. I love the ones I bought from the company a few years ago. The sales associate told me they changed the factory where the bags are made.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Buyer beware.

Seriously? I truly can't believe that. I own about 40 Kate Spade bags and numerous wallets, wristlets etc. I buy a few new KS Handbags ever few months. I have never "ever" had anything from Kate Spade fall apart - neither have any of my friends or family members. IN addition, a Vice President of KS is a good friend and I just called them and asked if they changed factories and he said "NO". He said they have several factories and they are the same ones they used for years. You are the ONLY personal I have ever heard negative comments from. You should have contacted the company if you had a problem. The quality of their bags both inside and out is unsurpassed by bags that sell for 5 times the price. Like I said, I buy new KS bags every few months and everything is of the highest quality and simply stunning.

I did contact the company and was offered a repair. The same thing happened to both bags within a month.

I am glad you think the quality is unsurpassed. Personally, I didn't have the wonderful experience you had and the sales associate DID tell me that the factories were not the same. Maybe the vice president should inform his associates that they are giving out wrong information to the consumer.

Not everyone has the same experience with a product. It is not necessary for you to belittle mine.

Esteemed Contributor

What do you all think of this one?

http://surprise.katespade.com/WKRU1662.html

Trusted Contributor
On 11/25/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

Oh, I just love it but I'm kind of partial to the two toned black/beige or black tan combo. I have a couple of two toned. I got the Brightwater Drive LooLoo mini cross body in black with white bows, Beacon Court Louie wristlet in pink, Gold Coast Linet wristlet in black & Bow tie sheath dress. I'm also thinking about a few pieces of jewelry.

Trusted Contributor

Equss

My daughter has a beige gold coast medium chain handle bag. I has a golden cast to it. Not shiny like patent or glittery. Difficult to describe. Very soft and quilted. It has held up fine-but I will say that the outer coating appears thin as if it would tear if poked hard. Sorry I can't be moe articulate.

Honored Contributor
On 11/25/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

I have a few of the Quinn bags and love them. My favorite is the grey wool quinn that looks like the front of a pea coat. Not large, not too small. hold a lot, and is organized so I can find things.

Trusted Contributor
On 11/25/2014 equss said: I love all my kate spade bags and agree mine are excellent quality. I am wondering about the Gold Coast bags in black but the word shimmer scares me. Does anyone own? I've located some reviews that say the shimmer isn't noticeable. Tia

Equss, I have something similar to the Gold Coast bags that I purchased at the Kate Spade store in NYC this summer. Its absolutely beautiful and the leather is as soft as can be. I don't remember if its from the Gold Coast family or not but I do love it. It has leather and chain handles.

Honored Contributor

All the Kate Spade bags I have are superior quality. One I bought that was made for an outlet was not quite the work horse that most of her bags are. I tend to get the more unusual and funky. My last bag was the Chinese Take Out Box bag

Honored Contributor

I am thinking of getting the Southport